VR stuttering on command panel in mission

anaclete

Good morning,

i fly in VR with a decent fps level, but face an issue when accessing to the esc menu. Once on the binding change menu, the screen stutters badly, to the point that the computer even sometimes freezes. Any experience / advice on this?

using a G2 on a custom laptop, rtx3800, i7 10th gen, steam overlay but standard dcs. 
thanks

normally menus are where you get the most stable frame rates.

if is specifically the controls menu make sure that "enable hot plug" is set or that "disable hot plug" is clicked so that it shows "enable hot pug" ... beyond that you might want to check that your disk is in good shape 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I had exactly the same issue. As soon as i entered the "adjust controls" menu, there was heavy stuttering, but it depended on the selected modul. With the hornet, everything was ok, with the Harrier and the F-16 for instance, it was almost impossible to map any buttons. Chossing the Axis only option, stuttering was gone.  Can only confirm the issue, but sadly have no idea how to solve this properly. Tried a repair and even a complete reinstallation of DCS, no joy. I started DCS without my G2 beeing connected in order to map buttons to the F-16 etc. But even in 2D there was still stuttering in the controls menu, but by far not as heavy as in VR. The issue was completely solved with my new PC.

• Thanks 1

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus + F-15EX / 4x TM Cougar MFD / Slaw Device RX Viper V3 / HP Reverb G2

59 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

if is specifically the controls menu make sure that "enable hot plug" is set or that "disable hot plug" is clicked so that it shows "enable hot pug" ... beyond that you might want to check that your disk is in good shape 

Thank you, where is that “enable hot plug” option to be found? 

2 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

Regarding my disc, dcs is not installed on the main partition. Any chance it plays a role?

Partitions should not make any difference… normally I would recommend that it’s installed on a separate physical disc/ssd. But that would impact game performance not menu performance.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg