WP change command for Ship Groups

Rhayvn

Heya Folks,

I am looking for a way (Moose/mist/ME) to enable a CV group to have two stations.  By that, I mean the first station is WPs 1-6.  WP 6 has a command to switch WP to WP 1.  This works fine and the ship cycles through it's pattern.

What I can not figure out, is if I also have a second route, with WPs 7-12, how to make the ship 1) go to WP 7 and 2) return to WP 7 when it hits WP 12.

This is easy for a ground or air group, you just tie the go to waypoint command to a trigger and when that trigger is set, the group changes to it's new pattern.  WP 6 can have the command to switch to WP 1 and WP 12 can have the command to switch to WP 7.

Ship groups, however, can not do this.  First off, they can only select a WP to go to from SP to 9.  You can not use WPs 10+.  Also, if you have the change WP command at more than one WP for the group, changing one, changes them all.  No matter where the command is in the route, changing one to WP2, changes ALL of them to WP 2.  That includes if you put them into the Triggered Actions section of the group.  Changing the destination WP changes it everywhere.

So, if anyone has advice on how to use Mist/Moose or other script to set a new WP for a ship group, please let me know.

Thanks,

On 3/10/2022 at 4:11 AM, Rhayvn said:

...So, if anyone has advice on how to use Mist/Moose or other script to set a new WP for a ship group, please let me know.

Thanks,

Yes it is possible using Mist functions ( MIST groundBuildWP - DCS World Wiki - Hoggitworld.com and MIST goRoute - DCS World Wiki - Hoggitworld.com )

Attached is an example : TF51 Player is used to order "Patrol 1" or "Patrol 2" to naval group through radio item. Little zones are used as waypoints (Wpt1 to Wpt12). Start mission, go to F10 view to see Naval group and its 2 Patrol zones, accelerate time (ex : x20) and use radio items to send Naval group to any Patrol pattern at will. (I used both ME triggers and Mist script for ease, but you can script all)

test-ship-2-patrols.miz