Trim down mode additional options

f1rst

• ED Team
8 minutes ago, jojo said:

We don’t have ALT HOLD mode, but I have the impression that ATT HOLD isn’t doing everything it should right now either.

I don't speak for the dev team, but all of this is WIP.

When ATT HOLD is active and you want to change the reference (let’s say doing a turn), do you have to hold FTR and release in the new position or can you just fly though it and it will re-engage once you return controls to neutral/ trimmed position ?

You can temporarily interrupt the attitude hold by pressing the force trim release. But there is also embedded logic that will temporarily suspend the hold mode when deliberate inputs are made beyond a certain "breakout value", which allows the Flight Management Computer to intuitively work with the pilot rather than against. But again, still WIP.

If you can speak about it, how and when do you use the ATT/ ALT HOLD modes IRL ?

Any time a crewmember needs or wants to ease their immediate workload while accomplishing other cockpit tasks. There is no rule to it, aside from preferred technique of the crewmember.

Edited by Raptor9
  • Thanks 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

5 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

I don't speak for the dev team, but all of this is WIP.

You can temporarily interrupt the attitude hold by pressing the force trim release. But there is also embedded logic that will temporarily suspend the hold mode when deliberate inputs are made beyond a certain "breakout value", which allows the Flight Management Computer to intuitively work with the pilot rather than against. But again, still WIP.

Any time a crewmember needs or wants to ease their immediate workload while accomplishing other cockpit tasks. There is no rule to it, aside from preferred technique of the crewmember.

OK thanks.

Currently any stick input beyond a threshold just disengage ATT HOLD with Bip sound. It doesn’t re-engage when controls neutral. Heading hold doesn’t seem to work great either.
So yes, currently I feel like “fighting” the flight control 😅

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi