Secondary Monitors -- Touch screen or Standard LCD?

Hi ED Community,

I'm looking to do an upgrade to my monitor setup and I was hoping to find some advice.

I currently have a Samsung 22" wide, and a Samsung 19" 4:3.

I saw that CH makes a "MFD" product that looks interesting to me, but I would prefer to go with an actual touch screen monitor that would perform a similar need.

The other route I was considering would be multiple displays using something like SoftTH, and buying a MFD type of device to replicate the touch portion. In this case I would upgrade to a third 19, or go with three 22" monitors. I'm honestly not sure I really need that wide of a view though, as trackir does a great job already, and large lcd's are quickly dropping in cost.

I'm afraid that multiple monitor rendering will be difficult if not impossible for some games/sims, which is why I was leaning towards some sort of a touch display that would allow me to use a screen shot of in game graphics, to use as the key overlay. Is this something that's realistic, and would it be a nightmare to set up?

Thanks very much,

Barrier

IMHO-This is a decision you have to do yourself...

but look at this video to make up your mind:

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1627326198keXc3X

AFAIK uses the guy in the vid a 22" top monitor and a 15" touchscreen on a XP set-up for BS.

I think that I read somewhere that it was a 1680x2100 "span" mode resolution.

BTW: Someone should slap him in the face if he release a video with such bad sound levels again!

Edited by urze

IMHO-This a decision you have to do yourself...

but look at this video to make up your mind:

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1627326198keXc3X

AFAIK uses the guy in the vid a 22" top monitor and a 15" touchscreen on a XP set-up for BS.

I think that I read somewhere that it was a 1680x2100 "span" mode resolution.

BTW: Someone should slap him in the face if he release a video with such bad sound levels again!

Yes, that looks very good to me.

Thanks Urze.

And yes, that sound was very painful to listen to.