George and Peter

Bagpipe

Just a general question regarding the helo AI co-pilot behaviour.

I know both are still very much new to the sim and still under development so I am not griping.
Just curious to know if there are steps being made or planned to be made to make the AI co-pilot/gunner more of an asset in terms of searching for their own targets and notifying the player pilot when contact is made.
As well as this, will there be some kind of visual aid implemented which will allow the likes of Petrovich to "show" the pilot briefly where the targets are.
I am not sure how this may be achieved but I think bending the limitations of "reality" may be in order to allow the AI buddy to really become an asset to the player. (i.e. a "visual recon" red cross briefly flags up on screen over the spotted enemy location, for instance)

At the moment they really aren't much use in terms of increased situational awareness from a two person crew.

Thank you 🙂

9 hours ago, Bagpipe said:

Just a general question regarding the helo AI co-pilot behaviour.

I know both are still very much new to the sim and still under development so I am not griping.
Just curious to know if there are steps being made or planned to be made to make the AI co-pilot/gunner more of an asset in terms of searching for their own targets and notifying the player pilot when contact is made.
As well as this, will there be some kind of visual aid implemented which will allow the likes of Petrovich to "show" the pilot briefly where the targets are.
I am not sure how this may be achieved but I think bending the limitations of "reality" may be in order to allow the AI buddy to really become an asset to the player. (i.e. a "visual recon" red cross briefly flags up on screen over the spotted enemy location, for instance)

At the moment they really aren't much use in terms of increased situational awareness from a two person crew.

Thank you 🙂

Hmmm, interesting idea. Loving it in a way, but I would not like unrealistic "visual aids", but rather by voice. That'd be really cool. 

Cheers 

BTW. It's Peter's son. Not Peter. 😊 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Hmmm, interesting idea. Loving it in a way, but I would not like unrealistic "visual aids", but rather by voice. That'd be really cool. 

Cheers 

BTW. It's Peter's son. Not Peter. 😊 

Yeah, i was just thinking that in the apache you have the CPG's sensor point which you can see so if George were calling out targets as they appear you would have an idea of where they were but with Son of Peter you don't really have that (which is realistic) BUT, conversely, you also dont have a person in front of you able to point and talk you on to the target so some sort of small visual cue would really just be "simulating" that experience. It wouldn't have to be too accurate either like just a rough area to be aware of...

That was my thinking anyway. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bagpipe said:

Yeah, i was just thinking that in the apache you have the CPG's sensor point which you can see so if George were calling out targets as they appear you would have an idea of where they were but with Son of Peter you don't really have that (which is realistic) BUT, conversely, you also dont have a person in front of you able to point and talk you on to the target so some sort of small visual cue would really just be "simulating" that experience. It wouldn't have to be too accurate either like just a rough area to be aware of...

I disagree, baring in clock position and approximate range is enough. You can't even see the CPG in the Hind. If you need better fire up the site and let him poin it out that way. What is the point of meticulously simuating these craft if you use videogameiasms to even the playing field. Enjoy the challenge for want it is, and appreciate the actual solution to the problem. But as to the original wish. Definitely Pete, and George need to earn their pay a little more. Also they need so.e personality. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FlankerKiller said:

I disagree, baring in clock position and approximate range is enough. You can't even see the CPG in the Hind. If you need better fire up the site and let him poin it out that way. What is the point of meticulously simuating these craft if you use videogameiasms to even the playing field. Enjoy the challenge for want it is, and appreciate the actual solution to the problem. But as to the original wish. Definitely Pete, and George need to earn their pay a little more. Also they need so.e personality. 

Yeah for sure, I am definitely on the fence about it but it is one way of looking at it.
I don't see it as "video-game-a-whatsits" though because at the end of the day it's a sim, we dont have a dude in the front able to say "3000 yards, tall building, tree opposite, BMP..." or something to that effect. Unless you are multi-crewing on MP which is amazing fun! DCS is never going to offer that kind of experience in Single Player with an AI though so an audible cue and a very non-intrusive (optional) symbology may be a way of allowing those not able to experience this "crew fidelity" to get that bit closer. Maybe?

I take your point entirely though, it wouldn't be for everyone

• Like 1

Ahhh, get it. Yeah, I was mostly thinking about the Hind.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Yeah for sure, I am definitely on the fence about it but it is one way of looking at it.
I don't see it as "video-game-a-whatsits" though because at the end of the day it's a sim, we dont have a dude in the front able to say "3000 yards, tall building, tree opposite, BMP..." or something to that effect. Unless you are multi-crewing on MP which is amazing fun! DCS is never going to offer that kind of experience in Single Player with an AI though so an audible cue and a very non-intrusive (optional) symbology may be a way of allowing those not able to experience this "crew fidelity" to get that bit closer. Maybe?

I take your point entirely though, it wouldn't be for everyone
Never say never. We could have it though, right? Wishful thinking of course!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk