cannot set gun to auto ranging

skypickle
Go to solution Solved by Raptor9,

1 hour ago, Raptor9 said:

Yes, the CPG is capable of using the laser rangefinder/designator for calculating correct slant distance to the target, but only when using the TADS as his selected sight while he is using the gun. There are times when it may not be appropriate to use the laser, and the pilot is not capable of lasing a target when employing the gun.  This is why a manual range is typically used for HMD gun engagements, and azimuth and elevation corrections are manually performed by adjusting the aiming point of the helmet. But with training, the gun can be quite effective, even with the HMD and a manual range.

I did notice most of my "engagement" distance is around 1000-1500 anyways so I guess leaving it at 1500 and compensating will do the trick.

• 2 weeks later...

since tonight's patch the auto ranging  wont set on gun, did before but not now.

used to show in ihadss as a.xxx but now just has set range, i can set it to say 800 and that works but auto doesnt, saved track for you.

weird was fine last night

ah64_gun.trk

Ryzen 7 7800x3D with AIO, RTX4080 Eagle OC, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz HP Reverb G2 & Pico4 Windows 11 Pro

8 minutes ago, Kiwi_Viper said:

since tonight's patch the auto ranging  wont set on gun, did before but not now.

used to show in ihadss as a.xxx but now just has set range, i can set it to say 800 and that works but auto doesnt, saved track for you.

weird was fine last night

ah64_gun.trk 1.23 MB · 0 downloads

I had this last night too, it turns out that the radar altimeter is turned off by default on a cold start now.  you have to go to the flt page on the mpd and turn it on.  I cant remember the exact button but it is in the bottom right of the flt page.

hope that helps.

Cheers.

What is the typical range that pilots "fly" on the gun. Or do they fly auto, and then lase targets and set the range based on the lase etc? Seems like that's kind of something that would take valuable seconds of time for when you get surprised by a dozen or so guys with AKs in a bush or an apartment block window....

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2022 at 2:43 AM, Lurker said:

What is the typical range that pilots "fly" on the gun. Or do they fly auto, and then lase targets and set the range based on the lase etc? Seems like that's kind of something that would take valuable seconds of time for when you get surprised by a dozen or so guys with AKs in a bush or an apartment block window....

Cosmo likes auto so if its good enough for him......