IHDASS Monocle

Rabies
Go to solution Solved by Gunslinger22,

• Solution

That’s because you’re in VR, your eye will do the fading part for you by not focusing on it. I honestly don’t notice it already, while I can sympathise with people not liking it, I feel that they are also not giving themselves enough time to actually adjust to how awesome of a job ED has done with VR IHADSS. 

• Like 1

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

You're in VR.  The images you see are from flat screens.  My right eye looks like this too.

1 minute ago, Gunslinger22 said:

That’s because you’re in VR, your eye will do the fading part for you by not focusing on it. I honestly don’t notice it already, while I can sympathise with people not liking it, I feel that they are also not giving themselves enough time to actually adjust to how awesome of a job ED has done with VR IHADSS. 

I don't think it's out of focus enough though.  VR focal length is fixed, and our depth is is purely determined by stereo vision.  If I close my left eye I can make this same thing out.  It needs to be larger as it appears to be a few inches away, and it's def not blurred enough for being how close it should actually sit in front of your eye.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

37 minutes ago, Buschwick said:

You're in VR.  The images you see are from flat screens.  My right eye looks like this too.

I don't think it's out of focus enough though.  VR focal length is fixed, and our depth is is purely determined by stereo vision.  If I close my left eye I can make this same thing out.  It needs to be larger as it appears to be a few inches away, and it's def not blurred enough for being how close it should actually sit in front of your eye.

I'm with you. I'm sure that when I first fired up the module in VR that the frame was faded (as in the videos), now it isn't? The lens especially and reflector frame took up so much of my FOV that it made using and focusing on cockpit controls really difficult.

I have just turned it off. IIRC an earlier post on these forums, an actual Apache pilot said that they don't really notice it IRL?

Edited by Harry_Bumcrack

8 minutes ago, Harry_Bumcrack said:

I'm with you. I'm sure that when I first fired up the module in VR that the frame was faded (as in the videos), now it isn't? The lens especially and reflector frame took up so much of my FOV that it made using and focusing on cockpit controls really difficult.

I have just turned it off. If I recall an earlier post on these forums, an actual Apache pilot said that they don't really notice it IRL?

It's a different image in 2D than it is in VR.  2D it's really blurry and translucent.  VR it's not as blurry and opaque.  The not as blurry in VR needs to be fixed.  When I close my left eye it just seems to far away from where it really would sit in front of my right eye.  That piece of glass sits right in the socket in the pics that I've seen...the frame of it should at least be the size of my FOV in the G2.

Edited by Buschwick
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 minutes ago, Buschwick said:

It's a different image in 2D than it is in VR.  2D it's really blurry and translucent.  VR it's not as blurry and opaque.  The not as blurry in VR needs to be fixed.  When I close my left eye it just seems to far away from where it really would sit in front of my right eye.  That piece of glass sits right in the socket in the pics that I've seen...the frame of it should at least be the size of my FOV in the G2.

Agree it is too far from your eye in VR. I have been swapping in and out of VR - playing on the screen to look at notes/keybinds in order to refine them and develop that 'muscle memory'. I could have sworn that it was blurry and translucent in VR at the start?

With it turned off I think it better simulates the reflector sitting right in front of your eye? In any case, I'm having an easier time with it off.

• Like 1