[REPORTED] JF-17 AI unable to utilise 'smart' weapons

cailean_556

I had attempted to utilise JF-17s as AI for a SEAD/DEAD training mission I made - they would come in and (I thought) they would fire their LD-10s in Passive mode toward an SA-11 SR (Snow Drift) - which is set to be permanently active until destroyed, once activated. I figured the AI would use Active or Passive mode to engage the radar, as I had set its task to do so.

No matter what I tried (ROE, Override attack, moving the waypoint closer to the target, disable RTB on Bingo Fuel) the JF-17 refused to engage - despite other AI aircraft (with HARMs and Shrikes) being able to work as intended. I surmised it was due to the LD-10 being more of a "Self-Protection" ARM than an offensive ARM, so I switched it out for an F-16C with HTS/HARM, which I knew worked (which it did).

I then changed a pair of F/A-18s carrying LGBs (in the same mission) into JF-17s carrying C-701 (CCD version) that were intended to destroy a disabled HAWK site (TR destroyed, site unable to fire). The F/A-18s that did this task prior had no issues. The JF-17s, however, simply overflew the target in a Race-Track (they are not set to orbit, they are set to 'Bombing' the units at the target points) and never released ordnance. I changed the C-701 (CCD) to C-701 (IR). Same thing happened. I changed their loadout to GBU-12s and tested again. This time they released the GBU-12 however it did not appear to track and missed the target by a significant margin (the AI JF-17 was also carrying a TGP, which I assumed it would use).

I even changed out the JF-17 AIs for Mirage 2000Cs armed with dumb bombs - they were able to destroy the targets accurately, despite dropping their unguided bombs from 20,000 ft. There is no wind or other threat that would affect the aircraft or its weapon systems - the JF-17 AI does not seem to understand how to employ or use its 'smart' weapons. I don't know how long it has been like this, as I've not really used JF-17s as AI attackers in missions before.

Edited by uboats

• 1 year later...
On 3/20/2022 at 12:09 AM, JG54_NF2 said:

Can you provide the MIZ files for me to test?

Some time ago, I tried to use AI jf17 to perform sead tasks, which is feasible. I'm not sure whether recent modifications have affected them.

Issue seems to be back I'm experiencing the same issue in 2.9 

• 2 weeks later...
  • uboats changed the title to [REPORTED] JF-17 AI unable to utilise 'smart' weapons