No RKT NORM message during independent rocket engagement (UPDATED)

Talonfox

With Rockets WASed in the pilot station, the “RKT NORM” message is not displayed in the Weapon Status field of the High Action Display prior to an independent rocket engagement.

After trigger pull, the “RTOF=NN” is accurately displayed.

Also, when the rocket quantity available is 0, a “NO RKTS” message should be presented.

No Rocket Norm HAD message .trk

• ED Team

In this avionics version, even with MTADS, "RKT NORMAL" or "RKT G-S" should be displayed when rockets are actioned. Yes, this is indeed missing.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

I much prefer the current 6PD NORM 36 message to the generic RKT NORM. You may be right about RKT NORMAL, however, rummaging through an old pubs file, table 4-10 suggests that as of 24 July 2006 "NORMAL" hadn't been incorporated at that time.

• ED Team
15 minutes ago, Talonfox said:

You may be right about RKT NORMAL, however, rummaging through an old pubs file, table 4-10 suggests that as of 24 July 2006 "NORMAL" hadn't been incorporated at that time.

Yep! You're correct, it's just NORM, not NORMAL. I probably keep forgetting about the abbreviation. That isn't the first time I've done that either.

Edited by Raptor9
  • Like 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head