Consent to Fire?

Semaphore
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

• ED Team

It is a seperate key press, search consent in the bindings and you will find it

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, BIGNEWY said:

It is a seperate key press, search consent in the bindings and you will find it

thanks

Thank you - I have the keybind - really just wanted to know what itb does and if its different from Long Press Up.

• ED Team
  • Solution
27 minutes ago, Semaphore said:

Thank you - I have the keybind - really just wanted to know what itb does and if its different from Long Press Up.

Fire consent is used once George has a target, once he shows ready to fire ( with hellfires the solid box ) you can press consent to fire and he will engage.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

50 minutes ago, Semaphore said:

Consent to Fire lets George engage one target, and you will have to give consent each time you want him to shoot. If you long press up on the George commands and turn his info green you are effectively giving him permanent consent to fire as and when he has a valid target selected. As such, if you assign a target for him to attack he will fire on his own as soon as he is within constraints. Another long press up will turn his commands yellow again and revoke the permanent consent.

• Thanks 2

A follow up question on this topic - what's the best way to make use of the "fire at will" (long up) command.  Should he already have a target selected?  If not, will he search targets on his own?  If he has a target and destroys it, will he automatically move to another target on his own or do we have to direct him to select another?

=============================

i7 5820k | 32GB RAM | Nvidia 2070RTX | 1TB SSD

57 minutes ago, lefty1117 said:

A follow up question on this topic - what's the best way to make use of the "fire at will" (long up) command.  Should he already have a target selected?  If not, will he search targets on his own?  If he has a target and destroys it, will he automatically move to another target on his own or do we have to direct him to select another?

As things stand, it seems that George is not capable of determining if something is a target or not until you command him to search along the PHS line of sight using the up-short command. If he detects something you get presented with the usual list so you can determine which target to engage. The key difference is that if George is set to weapons-free he will engage as soon as the target is within weapon constraints. Otherwise you need to give him consent to fire.

With Hellfires being what they are at the moment this means that if he is weapons-free and his first missile misses he will automatically engage again if still within launch constraints.

At least that has been my experience so far.