Any Apache export variants planned in the pipeline?

key_stroked

From everything I've heard, short answer is: no.

Longer answer is also: heck no.

Real answer... I think nothing of the sort is being planned at this time. ED is very busy with the current Apache, other modules, the global map project, and many other things. Other Apache variants probably won't even be considered until after the current Apache is finished EA and fully complete. And probably not even then, for a variety of reasons. I mean, anything is possible but I think it's unlikely,  given that they are so busy on so many levels. 

Another consideration is that the British MOD is very restrictive about divulging any secrets at all. The British Government and defence establishment may not give any permissions at all for such a module.

IFFFF... Apache sales are super strong even 4 years from now, and there is strong desire by  lots to have such sub-variants, then maybe. But I think it's more likely that other modules could get updates with more capabilities. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rick50 said:

From everything I've heard, short answer is: no.

Longer answer is also: heck no.

Real answer... I think nothing of the sort is being planned at this time. ED is very busy with the current Apache, other modules, the global map project, and many other things. Other Apache variants probably won't even be considered until after the current Apache is finished EA and fully complete. And probably not even then, for a variety of reasons. I mean, anything is possible but I think it's unlikely,  given that they are so busy on so many levels. 

Another consideration is that the British MOD is very restrictive about divulging any secrets at all. The British Government and defence establishment may not give any permissions at all for such a module.

IFFFF... Apache sales are super strong even 4 years from now, and there is strong desire by  lots to have such sub-variants, then maybe. But I think it's more likely that other modules could get updates with more capabilities. 

....global map project?

• ED Team
4 hours ago, key_stroked said:

I'm specifically interested in the AH Mk 1 variant the British created out of the base D model. Those Rolls Royce-Turbomeca RTM322 engines supposedly added 30% more power according to the Apache book by Ed Macy.

Hi, no sorry not planned. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

5 hours ago, FireManDan said:

....global map project?

Yea. There was  a thread discussing it. And Wags mentioned a couple things  in an interview a year ago.

It was announced that they are VERY early in development for a global framework "map".  They did a few  tests, and have decided to proceed. Will probably take several years. 

I don't think these will be replacing the detailed maps that we buy, but we don't really know much about their vision on that. They probably haven't figured that out themselves  yet. 

Don't get too excited, it's  not appearing anytime soon. And we don't really know if this is going to be high detail like the current maps, or just a simple outline that allows flight from one map to another. And I  think  the devs aren't totally  sure they can do it in a way that's practical. 

There  does seem to be more to it than this, but really it's all speculation and guesswork for us at this time.

• Like 1

I guess the global map would act as a merger between the more detailed terrains in DCS. Therefore the platform would finally become more viable for long range aircraft to enable DCS to represent for example cargo or bomber missions in a realistic fashion. They would most likely also include high fidelity versions of bigger airbases around the world to aid such missions.

Yes the overall fidelity of this global map surely won't be up to our normal DCS terrains but if we take a look at other sim's and their autogenerated terrains i'm fairly certain that the global map will still be decent.

By the time the Apache is finished, I think the team would be very much ready to move on to other topics. Other modules, new exciting modules, or needing upgrades to older modules be somewhat current (think of the Blackshark upgrade/renovation, which is not yet ready).