DCS: F/A-18C EAGLE ONE CAMPAIGN

Roby7979

EAGLE ONE CAMPAIGN

vypCxsC.jpg

EAGLE ONE is the project of a new unofficial campaign, 15 scenarios that will test all your knowledge on the F / A-18C from the basic to the most advanced.

You will face challenges of all kinds, from the simplest to the most complicated, each mission will have multiple tasks and some (hidden) you will only know about during the mission, so you will also have to be very careful with your loadout, your fuel and adapt to unexpected situations, you will be able to complete missions only by using all your skills and knowledge of your F-18, as well as making the right choices. Divided into sections of 5 missions respectively: 5 Novice, 5 Intermediate, 5 Expert.

👉 EAGLE ONE - Mission 1 - F/A-18C [SP] Caucasus Map & Supercarrier (digitalcombatsimulator.com) 

I put down the first 11 missions (already available in beta), if you want to try them and leave any suggestion, idea or anything else is welcome to fix/improve, thanks

Edited by Roby7979
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey @Roby7979 - thanks for putting this together for us!  15 missions is a crazy amount of work and I just want to say thank you.  I am about to embark on the journey through these missions.  

I see that you base this story mostly in the Caucasus, which makes sense given the setting you mention in your video on the campaign page - https://youtu.be/ZAuGiTil04E

I am curious why you're also leveraging the Marianas map as well?  Not a criticism, just genuine inquisitiveness on my part.  Did the Caucasus map not offer something from a story telling perspective that the Marianas does?  When I reviewed the briefing for mission 2 (uses Marianas map), I didn't see any indication as to why the change in theater.  

Thanks!!

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

• 3 months later...

Hey @Roby7979, I just played the first mission (failing miserably) and I must say there is some quality work put into that! It does show.

I have a couple of points I felt like asking clarification on, hoping you would not mind. 

1) Radio chatter, it is awesome but it gets in the middle of own radio comms. As in, if I'm talking on a freq. IRL everybody else on that frequency keeps silent. This does not happen in game, radio chatter just goes on. If making it stop while active player comms (and AI replies) are playing, could you please make it an option to stop. As of now the only option is to mission edit it out. 

2) Which frequency is my flight on? I have tried giving them orders on 127, 133, 155 but never got an answer, nor execution (e.g. closing/changing formation). Talking to Warrior 11 on 133 works tho. 

3) is there a reason why i cannot hear sochi tower on 127 when they answer my requests/clearances? 

Can't wait to actually git gud and at least beat mission 1 !!! 

Thanks for any answer. Keep up the good work. 

8 minutes ago, SPAS79 said:

2) Which frequency is my flight on? I have tried giving them orders on 127, 133, 155 but never got an answer, nor execution (e.g. closing/changing formation). Talking to Warrior 11 on 133 works tho. 

Yeah just messin around in Mission Editor. Flight is on 127.000. 

And yeah I played through the mission, moved the radio chatter to some free freqs (I think 134-135-136 or something) and radio comms were possible again. 

Now, as a quick AAR, we destroyed the three MiGs, the SAM site, the parked aircrafts AND the ZU-23s around them (if I remember correctly there was no mention about them in the briefing, nonetheless our JTAC insisted on lasing them so they got smoked) I tried sending the wingmen to the tanker while I was still engaging the AAA at the airport, but they would not so I sent the wingmen to the carrier (they kept answering "negative" or "unable" - I realized afterward that the tanker is a delayed start so it probably wasn't spawned at that point) Maybe something to consider for modification, like make it spawn a little earlier or just orbit somewhere from the start?).
I finished with the airport and got on my way to the carrier and got the call about the convoy, to engage with guns, from a JTAC on the same freq. (which was confusing as through VAICOM the first call went to the airport JTAC not the Convoy JTAC, so maybe split them on different freqs?). Shortly after I received the msg about the tanker now being available. so I decided to go get fuel and then go engage this convoy.

It was just that I COULD NOT refuel. I got close to the tanker but no matter how much I pleaded "ready pre-contact", I always got the "return pre-contact" answer. And I was in parameters. I have done countless refuels in the F18 so there was something wrong with the tanker (I could not see anything wrong in Mission Editor so IDK... but could not refuel). 

So called back the JTAC and told them they are on their own now as apparently gas stations are on strike and went on to land at the carrier. I landed and the mission ended. 
and I failed it. even if we positively destroyed every primary and secondary obj (minus the convoy) and got the "mission successful" message at the end, turns out I just did 25(/100?) points and the mission is a failure in the campaign screen (I assembled the missions in a skeleton campaign).  
WTF? 

All in all, it is fine for a single mission, might be gamebreaking in a campaign. Also, the mission in general is good fun, just some minor things, mostly with the radio as above: radio chatter is distracting, wingmen were not responding 100% of time, different JTACs should be on diff. frequencies, Tanker available from earlier AND accessible (I suppose maybe it didn't have the drogue/basket thing equipped but that doesn't seem the case from what I can see from the mission editor).

Thanks for your work, 8/10 would play again. 

2 hours ago, SPAS79 said:

It was just that I COULD NOT refuel. I got close to the tanker but no matter how much I pleaded "ready pre-contact", I always got the "return pre-contact" answer. And I was in parameters. I have done countless refuels in the F18 so there was something wrong with the tanker (I could not see anything wrong in Mission Editor so IDK... but could not refuel).

Not sure this would have helped in this case, but I've seen it sporadically over the last few months.  Were you trying to get left basket "ready pre-contact"?  If so did you move over and try the right basket?  I've had random occasions when I couldn't get cleared contact to the left, moved to the right and it cleared me but wouldn't let me connect to it but would then let me connect to the left when I went back to it 🤨.  Haven't been able to get a track to report it since it's typically late in a mission (track not likely to work) and is sporadic so not easily reproduced.