Mission 02 : CCIP Display Impact Line goes almost horizontal !?!

I started the campaign and I really enjoy the quality of immersion, and all the context, documentation. Very impressive so far.

I don't understand what happens when I attempt a bomb pass in mission 02. I assume CCIP is the required bombing mode. I'm well aligned over IP point (FAC confirms), but than something strange happens with the Display Impact Line. It goes very shaky and more and more horizontal as I approach the target. I already experienced slight drifts (wind I guess ?) but this is most extrem and I never saw this. So what ? A bug ? A jamming device, part of the scenario ? Am I supposed to switch to manual mode ?

5 hours ago, Falken2 said:

I started the campaign and I really enjoy the quality of immersion, and all the context, documentation. Very impressive so far.

I don't understand what happens when I attempt a bomb pass in mission 02. I assume CCIP is the required bombing mode. I'm well aligned over IP point (FAC confirms), but than something strange happens with the Display Impact Line. It goes very shaky and more and more horizontal as I approach the target. I already experienced slight drifts (wind I guess ?) but this is most extrem and I never saw this. So what ? A bug ? A jamming device, part of the scenario ? Am I supposed to switch to manual mode ?

Hey thanks very much for the feedback!

Sounds odd, something I've never come across.  Definitely not part of the scenario and nothing I've made happen, I've always used CCIP myself, never seen any issues, also watched a you tuber play through this mission yesterday with no problems either.  All I can suggest is if it keeps happening to raise as a Hornet bug with ED.  Sorry I can't offer any more help than that!

Edited by ChillNG

Someone told me to check my INS settings. I use automatic start (I know I shouldn't) that sets INS to NAV and to not IFA, which is a shame. So I set the INS to have the best accuracy  (IFA) despite I don't understand the link between INS and CCIP.

I also checked that the A/G radar was scanning displaying the A/G radar page on a DDI. I noticed that sometimes on the hornet, the A/G display looks like the radar is actually not scanning. I'm quite sure CCIP requires the radar.

At last, don't know if it's the INS setting, or radar, or wathever, I got a proper DIL. 

Problem solved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Falken2 said:

Someone told me to check my INS settings. I use automatic start (I know I shouldn't) that sets INS to NAV and to not IFA, which is a shame. So I set the INS to have the best accuracy  (IFA) despite I don't understand the link between INS and CCIP.

I also checked that the A/G radar was scanning displaying the A/G radar page on a DDI. I noticed that sometimes on the hornet, the A/G display looks like the radar is actually not scanning. I'm quite sure CCIP requires the radar.

At last, don't know if it's the INS setting, or radar, or wathever, I got a proper DIL. 

Problem solved.

Excellent, good to hear.  Will be the INS I think, the CCIP will be based on the fire control computers understanding of your aircraft attitude and position, I guess if INS is off, fire control will mess up.

12 hours ago, Falken2 said:

I had the exact same thing last night on that mission!  Thought I was going crazy, I've never seen that before.  Ended up completing the mission without any hits on target and getting chastised by Poodle 🤣

Reading further through the thread...Yep i'm also a shameful autostarter lol

Edited by Paul_Exotic

17 minutes ago, Paul_Exotic said:

I had the exact same thing last night on that mission!  Thought I was going crazy, I've never seen that before.  Ended up completing the mission without any hits on target and getting chastised by Poodle 🤣

Reading further through the thread...Yep i'm also a shameful autostarter lol

Thanks, good to know!  Poodle knows how to make you feel small alright, he's a tough one to please.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Falken2 said:

Still, I'm not an aeronautics engineer, but I don't understand correlation between in flight INS GPS realignement and CCIP .... 

Me neither, but I would have thought that for CCIP to work correctly the aircraft would first need to understand its attitude and orientation.  If this understanding is  wrong I would imagine it throws everything else out.