Best way to make paint look very flat?

monkie

I was working with the templates and was wondering if there is a way using the roughmet or any of that other black magic to make the paint appear completely flat? The default seems to have a bit of a shine to it, not quite reflecting how the US Army paint schemes appear.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

Ok looking at the roughmet in GIMP, I see Red Green Blue and Alpha. Can you tell me exactly how to increase the levels in the Green channel? 

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

well, you could take the existing roughmet and use colors=>components=>decompose in GiMP. Then paint the Green layer as you see fit with a higher level (brighter color) then colors=>components=>compose to recombine the channels and save it.

(OR)

Download the AH64 template and you will find a Roughness layer template that you can use to modify the roughness / green channel for your texture

I'll try it, I was looking at some other roughmets in other color schemes in the download section, some seem to already have matted the textures, I think I'll work with those a bit, thanks for the info.

PRCCOWBOY... thank you so much for the information and directions. I took the plunge and was able to get exactly what I was looking for, no more shine and the US Army green looks appropriately matte and rough.  Going to try variations of Green since Helo Drab could look so much differen't depending on age etc. Appreciate the help.

Clipboard10.jpg

Edited by monkie
  • Like 1