Trouble with AKAN

Spirale

Hi,

i've trouble with point of impact using AKAN: Bullets goes long and not right where i aim.

I 've tested multiple times and my result with the AKAN are bad...

My "pre" shooting:

- ANF

- Weapon selector = Attack

- Waypoint on target and wp altitude = 0m

-QFE = OK

- Trigger unsafe.

During the dive, i wait ( like in DYK mode) for the "wings" to pull the trigger

Help needed

Thx

Hey spirale!
I will try this tonight and see what's going on.
Do you have a track of your flight?

A few things for you to test meanwhile:
.) Disable Target Motion measurement by TAKT > IN > typing 221 > LS (should not make any difference, but just to see)
.) Radar Ranging disable by TAKT > IN > typing 253 > LS (maybe some other targets in the very near vicinity have impact on radar ranging)

See RC2 page 284 if you need more infos.

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Hello Viper 🙂

Thx for your reply.

I don't have a track but i have a question: if i disable the radar ranging, how is it possible to have a valid shooting solution?

ps: TMM is off by default no?

thx again ^^

Edited by Spirale

7 minutes ago, Spirale said:

Hello Viper 🙂

Thx for your reply.

I don't have a track but i have a question: if i disable the radar ranging, how is it possible to have a valid shooting solution?

ps: TMM is off by default no?

thx again ^^

According to RC2, the TMM is disabled by default.
When RR is disabled, the solution is calculated by triangulation using the QFE. The QFE value therefore must be as precisely as possible.
IMHO the calculation then assumes a firing distance of about ~1500 meters, so the wings should appear one and a half kilometer before the aircraft hits the ground.

Edited by TOViper

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I've just tested: my Kneeboad gives me an exact 1011 QFE (no decimals). The QFE input is correct. I disabled the RR (thx for your advise) = my impacts are landing a bit long... ( i aim a simple truck).

Then i reactivated the RR and flew higher ( about 2500m . Before i was way low, about 1000m). When i dive deeper  ( 30° ) my impacts are closer to the target ( normal).

I have now a question: is it normal to miss if the dive angle is less than 30°?

ps: i love the Viggen, thx to HB. This baby becomes better and better 🙂

I usually tend to use about 20° dive, and with the "big" Viggen update on March 17th it became really usable.
Be sure to switch the HÖJD CI SI switch back to RHM once you are below 2500m (it automatically switches to LD once aircraft is above 2500m).
I am not sure if this is really helpful for your certain situation here, but usually it should be done anyway as normal procedure.

my computer:

I don't understand why the point of impact would be different whatever the chosen dive angle? Let's take the A10C: whatever the attack flight profil, you aim and bullets hit.

it's the reason why i ask here, i find a bit strange that i can't hit a tiny ( truck) target with accuracy with a 10° or less dive angle with AKAN.

Edited by Spirale

Hey spirale!

Can you provide a track, otherwise things might get complicate.

Increasing dive angles lead to more and more precise triangulation.

Take two examples to extreme:
1. If your dive angle was 90°, there is no triangulation necessary, since the bullets just have to follow gravity.
2. If your dive angle was 0°, the triangulation needs to compensate for a) air density impacting the drag of the bullets at max b) the current aircraft's speed at max c) gravity at max
So the steeper you dive, the more accurrate the results would (should 🙂 ) be.

Which speed are you flying in the moment of triangulation?
Which altitude are you flying generally?

I don't say that there is no problem with the triangulation in the current build, but as stated in the Updatelog from March 17th, HB repaired this issue.
Anyone else have problems with AKAN aiming?

Edit: Just did a test, works fine at 0 MSL at 29.92, dive angle 20°, speed about M0.8. See track file attached.

2022-04-09_Viggen_AKAN_training_at_0MSL_1013hPa_M08.trk

Edited by TOViper
  • Like 1

my computer:

Hello Viper,

I've watched your track= i am able to duplicate the result => a big tank you.

My analysis: i was, before, way too low and fast for a good aiming solution refresh.

Now all is OK. I am really happy that my fav module got some love , thk to HB too 🙂

AKAN OK.trk

Hi Spirale!

I gave your track file a view. I see:
.) A too shallow approach (not steep enough)
.) Radar returns of the vehicles past your designated target make the wings appear later most probably > the radar doesn't know which target you like to hit
My suggestion: If you have an target-rich environment, turn OFF the radar ranging and use QFE as only source of information

AKAN OK.trk edit: here is my track showing that the bullets hit the target right on. I just waited for the pull in order to see the bullets impacting where they should 🙂

Edited by TOViper
typo

my computer: