Controls Settings for LHG & RHG are Greyed Out (Unavailable)

Three days ago I was able to setup my CPG controls on my Warthog including the LHG & RHG controls.  Yesterday they (LHG & RHG controls) disappeared, all the controls unrelated to the LHG & RHG are still there and I can assign controls etc.

I checked the Joystick Lua and it shows the last modification date/time is correct for current changes.  I've done a full repair to no avail.

Anyone else have this issue?  If so, were you able to resolve it?

I'd hate to have to delete the Saved Games folder and re-install the module.  But oh well, it's EA and stuff happens, eh?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Three days ago I was able to setup my CPG controls on my Warthog including the LHG & RHG controls.  Yesterday they (LHG & RHG controls) disappeared, all the controls unrelated to the LHG & RHG are still there and I can assign controls etc.
I checked the Joystick Lua and it shows the last modification date/time is correct for current changes.  I've done a full repair to no avail.
Anyone else have this issue?  If so, were you able to resolve it?
I'd hate to have to delete the Saved Games folder and re-install the module.  But oh well, it's EA and stuff happens, eh?
Re-installations are NEVER necessary. If one needs do a repair. Use Skatezilla's utility.
Neither re-installations or repairs changes anything in the Saved Games folder.
Anyway. Go into your Saved Games DCS.openbeta folder and find the Apache folder in the input folder. Rename only this one, while DCS is shutdown. It will be recreated when you start DCS, and all your controls for the Apache will be reset.
Also consider to have a look at Quaggle's input injector and Munkwolf's keybind project.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the suggestion 😀 can I just rename the CPG folder?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Thanks very much. 👍

I’m just out, away from the computer. I’ll give it a try on return and then update the thread.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That reset the LHG RHG so I could enter keybinding again but as soon as I restarted the game the LHG RHG’s blanked out and the settings were gone. I also noticed that the Man slew in Axis settings disappeared as well. 
So after a brief break away from the computer to avoid any regrettable action I reset the CPG controls again. 

I recall another module a few years ago did the same thing (Harrier I think) where you had to program the controls while in the cockpit.  I started trying that and it seems to be working.  Had to leave it for now but get back to it tomorrow and confirm if that works. 

I’ll update again tomorrow. 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Whelp, that seemed to work.  All the settings are staying put. 😀

Again, if I recall correctly after a further update or two it was not necessary to program while sitting in the cockpit.

Seems this isn't common as when I searched the forums etc nothing turned up.  Hopefully it's just an idiosyncrasy of my setup.

Thanks MAXsenna  for the tip on re-setting.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

19 minutes ago, Sarge55 said:

Whelp, that seemed to work.  All the settings are staying put. 😀

Again, if I recall correctly after a further update or two it was not necessary to program while sitting in the cockpit.

Seems this isn't common as when I searched the forums etc nothing turned up.  Hopefully it's just an idiosyncrasy of my setup.

Thanks MAXsenna  for the tip on re-setting.

Glad you fixed it buddy! 👍🏻