Game crashed whilst changing pages in the Jester Menu ( tuning his Radio)

HunterICX

Hi,

I was flying online for a good  hour and while I was returning to the carrier group I was attempting to hail the CV59 Forrestal , I already tuned in through the Jester TAC page and while it didn't appear in the comms menu in DCS I went  back to the Jester Menu to double check and just have him tune in again but this time when I hovered and attempted on click on the Next Page my DCS froze and crashed.

All files came out clean when I verified the files through steam. Not sure if it's of help but checking the crash on the reliability tab in Windows

Name of the module with errors :F14Avionics.dll (translation of the highlighted area) is what I noticed.

hMpohen.png

dcs.log-20220410-151941.zip

• 1 month later...

same here

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 weeks later...

Just before the game froze-up again today I noticed the radio tuned to a frequency automatically when I attempted to contact the carrier via the Comms menu.  When I asked Jester to tune to the Carrier TACAN the game froze and crashed.  Some servers have Easy Comms as a global setting.  I have Easy Comms deselected/switched off in my local settings.  Perhaps this hints at where the conflict is.  I suspect it's only on servers with Easy Comms that the crash occurs.

Suggested workaround:  If you stick to using the Comms menu on servers with Easy Comms, then the radio will automatically tune to the right frequency and you can avoid using the Jester menu for this purpose. 

Edited by JupiterJoe

• 3 weeks later...

Having same issue. Occurs after landing back at carrier, doing a hot refuel and rearm and launching again. Once airborne an attempt to change radio frequency on AN/ARC-182 (V/UHF 2) radio using jester menu causes DCS to stop responding as soon as I open the jester frequency selection page. But as already stated it only occurs after landing and rearming and launching again. I habitually put jester in "no talking" mode during a carrier trap approach, so he won't babble the entire time I am trying to hear carrier ATC instructions. Then put him back in talk mode after rearming. I Wonder if it has something to with that?