commit fratricide & dismissed from mission

Lineaxe

commit fratricide & dismissed from mission

... Well I crashed into another enemy aircraft in multiplayer and it now comes up with that message.

Which completely ruins the multiplayer game since I am running the game, and since I get booted out of the mission that I am running. So basically now the whole multiplayer game gets STOPPED.  Not what we want at all.  How can I stop this from Happening during the game? I need to stop it from shutting the whole game down.   

If someone crashed into something and dies they SHOULD NOT BE BOOTED OUT OF THE GAME.   Penalize them for any fratricide , but PLEASE do not stop the whole game.   It takes forever to load a new multiplayer game in .Especially for many players and they will just give up I would think if they had to do that everytime that they crash into something and get BOOTED out....    Ack , really frustrating to be honest ...

On another note , I had written a Sortie where two of our Soldiers were corrupt and delivering our goods to the enemy. They needed to be assassinated in order to be stopped. Points for doing this were given out and  the soldiers (honest ones) got respawned.  So, I guess I will dump that Sortie and remove all the code that supported it. 

Edited by Lineaxe

I would say offhand you need to take this up with the server operator or pay closer attention to whatever scripts you're copy and pasting into your missions. I've crashed into plenty of stuff in the past running my own private server and never been booted, unless they JUST changed something. Everything you are saying sounds like scripts you are using written by other people.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I don't see anything about being kicked for fratricide in me_logbook.lua, only to display the message:

if (faa > 0) or (fag > 0) then
        missionScore = 0
        for k, v in pairs(statType) do
            v.totalScore = 0
        end
		-- обнуляем счет у всех самолетов
		for k,v in base.pairs(stat) do
			if base.type(v) == "table" then
				if (v.totalScore) then
					v.totalScore = 0
				end
			end
		end

displayDegradeWindow()
    end

function displayDegradeWindow()
    showInfo(cdata.degradeMessage)
end 

degradeMessage = _('You have committed fratricide. You have lost all your combat scores.'),

Hmm well the mission script was written by myself and I have been running it for just over 2 years now ...

I did just upgrade yesterday to the latest moose engine and I don't know if it has come out of that release OR possibly from the latest DCS release?

.Well, I do suspect it is the latest moose since I just put it in . Anyhow I now get that death message that literally stops me from playing the game anymore. and anyone else that commits fratricide.

I do think it would make a nice option for  mission builders to select whether to use or not ,depending on their mission .   Right now ,it's killing mine !!!

Edited by Lineaxe

I do see this in MOOSE (under SCORING):

if self.Players[PlayerName].Penalty > self.Fratricide and self.penaltyonfratricide then
      MESSAGE:NewType( self.DisplayMessagePrefix .. "Player '" .. PlayerName .. "' committed FRATRICIDE, he will be COURT MARTIALED and is DISMISSED from this mission!",
                       MESSAGE.Type.Information )
             :ToAll()
      UnitData:GetGroup():Destroy()
    end

--- Decide if fratricide is leading to penalties (true) or not (false)
-- @param #SCORING self
-- @param #boolean OnOff Switch for Fratricide
-- @return #SCORING
function SCORING:SwitchFratricide( OnOff )
  self.penaltyonfratricide = OnOff
  return self
end

Here is the Documentation Reference to turn it off.

Edited by Chump
Added reference

Hey that is kewl Chump 🙂    I just had brought up a scoring related bug and they said they had fixed that section of code only a couple of weeks ago and so I got the latest moose . Now , I bet that flag has been set as on by default. I just need some code to shut it off at mission Startup and I can Frat away at will   ... not good to be an enemy spy in my mission  ... I am   FREE       >    I think...  One option is to be able to set a very High value into   

self.Fratricide 

this way you can still get penalized but you would not get the boot until you like massacre your whole airport or more even . I will see if I can get access to it and make it huge. 

simple enough , Just use existing  method  . I am wondering if  others will have to make the switch in their missions in order to not get players booted ?

SCORING:SetFratricide(Fratricide)  

Edited by Lineaxe