Apache "button box"

javelina1

Hola group,

I've been using the K-51 Collective ,TM/VPC Warbird, and MFG Crosswinds with the Apache.  Love flying this bird so much, during the work week, I manage to sneak in at least a cold start, and a quick workout for George (as my CPG) every day.  It's really the weekend where I can have the extended sessions.  😀

Just recently it dawned on me.  There was my TM throttle, just sitting there lonely and cold...  So I figured, what the heck, I could use it as an additional button box.  Which it's doing just fine. 

Just wanted to share, for what it's worth...

Now, going back to the Apache to ambush some baddies... 😀

-Jav

p.s. (what's really cool, is that they build/upgrade these birds literally right down the road from me... )

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

nice to hear 🙂

As Pilot im using my old n (t)rusty X-55 Throttle as collective and my fairly new TM Warthog Stick as cyclic.

For the CPG i have a "real button box". An old logitech G13 "keyboard" with 22 G-keys (programmable), 2 "mouse" keys and 1 mini stick. This is kinda my left TEDAC handgrip plus extras. On the right i have the old X-55 stick as my right TEDAC handgrip.

So yeah, table is pretty full but its working fine. And i can transition easily from CPG to flight controls or Pilot, depending on the situation. Also i can switch mode on the G-13 for more keys.....but have to bind them all in DCS first... XD

Greetings

K

Edited by Kharrn
  • Like 1