ACLS F18 CPL Autopilot not working as intended....my fault ?

Darkenmass

• 4 weeks later...

Even in 2.8.0.33006 beta I never got the P/R, only HDG. Even on a blank newly created singleplayer mission with only a new supercarrier and my player f/a-18 spawned already flying.
Spent the whole night in VR to get this to work, while also reading this whole thread and watching 3 different tutorial video. ^^ This is a scary one... 🥴

EDIT:

Now for the first time ever it worked! P/R and I also got the CMD CNT!

• I did following changes: Reduced carrier speed from 15 to 8kts
  • reduced all windlayers to under 10kts
  • put a "land" waypoint in for my aircraft - before I had only the 0 waypoint with my altitude and speed...
  • waited in a holding at the the marshalpoint (6k / 21nm) for my scheduled time (33) and left it almost on time at 32:30

So still not sure what exactly did it, but
I'm so glad! ☺️ After all those hours.

image.png

Edited by FOXXGER
  • Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 10:28 AM, FOXXGER said:

Even in 2.8.0.33006 beta I never got the P/R, only HDG. Even on a blank newly created singleplayer mission with only a new supercarrier and my player f/a-18 spawned already flying.
Spent the whole night in VR to get this to work, while also reading this whole thread and watching 3 different tutorial video. ^^ This is a scary one... 🥴

EDIT:

Now for the first time ever it worked! P/R and I also got the CMD CNT!

• I did following changes: Reduced carrier speed from 15 to 8kts
  • reduced all windlayers to under 10kts
  • put a "land" waypoint in for my aircraft - before I had only the 0 waypoint with my altitude and speed...
  • waited in a holding at the the marshalpoint (6k / 21nm) for my scheduled time (33) and left it almost on time at 32:30

So still not sure what exactly did it, but
I'm so glad! ☺️ After all those hours.

image.png

You can turn off the Tacan before engaging CPL and it doesnt go into HDG. Not ideal but at least a workaround

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...