Joystick Axis Assignment Saitek X52?

docehrenhoefer

A rather difficult problem for a newbie...

When I try to assign joystick axis in the options menu, does anybody know which names from the long list of axis names (like Joy_Z) belongs to which axis of a Saitek X52? for example, what ist joy_az?

To assign buttons is rather easy using the profile editor, but I dont know how to assign the axis ingame...

Thanks for your help!

docehrenhoefer

In the options menu you should see X52 profile as one of the taps up top. Click on the axis you'd like to change (Axis options from the pull down menu) If you want to change the default, click on the axis you'd like to change to hit CLEAR.

Then click CHANGE and just move the stick along the axis you want to change it to. It'll pick it up by default and auto assign it for you.

Hope that helps.

The joy axises should be X=horizontal (left - right) and Y=Vertical (up - down). Z is maybe the throttle? and AZ i have no clue yet lol.

EDIT: Element had a better idea for you. ;)

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

Whn you set up commands using the in-game tool, you can just click the button to set it. With an axis, you can just move the axis, and it will detect it. For example, when I set up my collective, instead of trying to remember which axis it was named, I just moved the controller and it detected the axis for me.