Firing gun from Pilot seat - how?

dburne

I have done a search on this and see that this is possible. What I can not find is how does pilot take control of gun from George AI? Still working on my learning process on weapons now and have been using the weapons ranges. After George handling my hellfires sometimes I would like to be able to take control of the gun for some clean up afterwards. I have also searched the control configuration for Pilot and do not see anything in there other than being able to switch seats.

Thanks for any tips!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

try 'training' under main menu.  it shows you how. 

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win10 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR

Sundown posted a nice little procedure document that breaks down the steps for how to do all kinds of useful things as both PLT and CPG.

Wags also has the official tutorial videos.

Basically, you will need to:

• ARM the system
  • WAS the gun
  • set the active sight to HMD
  • set a range for the gun (it is recommended to set this to "A" for auto if you are on the move)
  • line up your target out the window with your LOS crosshairs on your IHADSS
  • flip open the trigger guard
  • pull the trigger
  • Like 2

I know how to use the gun , just not sure how to get control of it from the Pilot's seat from the CP/G.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ok so watched the video think I know what I need to do now, much thanks guys!

• Like 1

Don B

• ED Team
9 minutes ago, dburne said:

I know how to use the gun , just not sure how to get control of it from the Pilot's seat from the CP/G.

You simply select it.  Whoever is the last crewmember to action it takes control of it.  George will take it back when you tell him to target the next thing, but until then, you just select it.

Edited by Raptor9
  • Like 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

44 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

You simply select it.  Whoever is the last crewmember to action it takes control of it.  George will take it back when you tell him to target the next thing, but until then, you just select it.

.:thumbup:

Much thanks. Leave it to me it is the simple things that stump me LOL.

• Like 1

Don B