M2000C blue grey cockpit

jaguara5

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Funny coincidence, I joined the CAEA (Conservatoire Air et Espace Aquitaine) assoication two days after my message here. They own the very Mirage 2000B-01 of your first pic.

I did not notice that the cockpit was blue, you can see it brey/black/blue depending on the light conditions. I'll take more pics to work to get the same effect in DCS, now I have access to a real one

signal-2024-03-10-164731_003.jpegsignal-2024-03-10-164731_002.jpeg

Edited by RockMyRoot
Text missing
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Indeed the color looks different with various light conditions. If you want you can check also my own photos (in some you can see the direct effect of the light and the shadow on the color). 

Edited by jaguara5

• 3 weeks later...

Hi jaguara5,

Thanks for those documents, this helps much ! 

I noticed that the B01 is painted differently, I'm trying to get some information ont this particular model but I'm continuing working on the blue cockpit.

Currently mapping all the cockpit liveries files using a yellow image if you want some details : 

Capture d'écran 2024-03-29 102023.png

(found the screws & swithces file !)

• Like 1

I made it ! I found the issue and made huge progress in comprehension on how DDS livery files are packed.

I wanted to update one file with FR&EN languages but it was 400Mo, too heavy for the DCS user files. I had to make concessions on the EN language, you will notice that you can see french shadows in certain light conditions, this is due to an absent normal map.

Screen_240402_190409.jpg

FR : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/3336662/

EN https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/3336661/

Please share if you notice something wrong or have any improvement suggestion.

Edited by RockMyRoot
  • Like 2

On 3/29/2024 at 11:36 AM, RockMyRoot said:

Now my board generates light at night... I have some research to do before uploading anything, thanks for your patience

Hi,

Lovely work you are doing here, maybe you could contact @Devrim as he has a lot of experience re-painting cockpits and maybe he would be willing to give you advice.

Best regards,

eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

6 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Hi,

Lovely work you are doing here, maybe you could contact @Devrim as he has a lot of experience re-painting cockpits and maybe he would be willing to give you advice.

Best regards,

eduardo

Hi Rudel_chw,

My problem is gone, I found that the default DDS texture files for screws and main panel contains colors + alpha chanel for the lights, I had to disassemble the cannels and recompose the file, It works properly now 🙂 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RockMyRoot said:

My problem is gone,

Glad to know, I look forward to trying out your cockpit, as I have done with almost any cockpit that I've found .. they do add variety to our flight 👍

zi8RNLD.jpg

Best regards.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Posted (edited)

Good work! I appreciate your effort! IMO it should be looking more blue than grey. Like that in the wip picture you've posted before the final version.  I think you were there very close to the blue color, at least as it appears on the various photos of the real cockpit. 

Edited by jaguara5

16 hours ago, RockMyRoot said:

I made it !

Hi, thanks a lot for sharing these, I added them to my DCS:

0bgaUiY.jpg

and they both look really good:

6b6a3CS.jpg

Thanks again, and cheers!

Eduardo

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jaguara5 said:

Good work! I appreciate your effort! IMO it should be looking more blue than grey. Like that in the wip picture you've posted before the final version.  I think you were there very close to the blue color, at least as it appears on the various photos of the real cockpit. 

Hi Jaguara,

I voluntarily change the color to a slighlty more grey one, while working on the details based on the originally blue windscreen strucutre and these google files :

On 3/5/2024 at 9:32 PM, jaguara5 said:

Under different light conditions, you can see it more blue than on the previous picture :

Screen_240402_211143.jpg

I'll be at the museum this saturday, maybe i'll find some people who worked on the 2000 repaintings, I'll ask a few questions and make corrections

• Like 2