Back from a break, now getting >20ms CPU frame times and can't maintain 90fps

obious

Hi All,

I'm just back from taking a bit of a break from DCS as I've just had the new WinWing Orion 2 F-18 throttle delivered. I installed SimAppPro to do a bit of configuring after which I fired up my OG Reverb expecting the same 90fps I was enjoying last time I flew (back in March).

To my horror, I found that I'm struggling to get even 70 fps on the Nevada F-18 Free Flight mission (which historically has always been the most performant mission/experience for me) and noticed that my CPU frametimes are spiking extremly frequently at ~20ms. After double checking my settings to make sure an update of either SteamVR or DCS didn't change anything, I uninstalled SimAppPro (as I've heard people have had issues with it in the past) only to find now change). I've also cleaned the fxo & metashaders folders and installed the latest Nvidia driver but I'm stilling struggling with performance.

Anyone got any ideas as to what is going on? Also, I'm running SteamVR at 100%/native res.

Any help would be appreciated

dcsft.jpg

dcssettings.png

Edited by obious

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

Simappro you say, open exports.lua and remove the simappro line... Configure simappro to NEVER touch any file in dcs

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg