TM viper grip trim switch

Burt

Giving the F-18 Hornet grip another go around but ordered through Thustmaster eshop US , I’m not dealing with Amazon dealers anymore as I sent back 2 “ TWO “ F-18 grips back for bad not returning to center switches so hopefully I get a good one this time. My TM viper grip 3 years old has a bad trim position at 7 o’clock DL and I would want to replace it. Where can I get one ? I have emailed thrustmaster about purchasing one but I haven’t heard back from them going on 8 days. Is thrustmaster the only place to get a Trim switch?

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Yes... I did replaced the whole trim, bought from TM -- the only source for it. So, either you buy the whole thing from TM, or you replace the mini-pushbuttons inside. My all optical replacement of my own design... is not for sale.

But you don't really need to replace the whole thing unless the shaft or the case is broken. If it's just the switches/buttons...

nullViper trim switch internally has the same design as throttle's MIC switch and other HAT switches -- 4 mini pushbuttons in each direction, see attached picture. The only difference is that it does not have the down push provision. So, its casing design is a one piece instead of 3 pieces.

Please refer to this thread, 

where Sokol provided the exact part # for replacement of the mini-pushbutton. You will need to solder the wires though.

image.png

• Thanks 1

Okay great ! Thank you ! 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020