Navigation lights and Formation lights

REL

Quotes from the manual:

Brightness switch for red, green and white wingtip and tail navigation lights. This is a four position switch that can be cycled with each left button mouse click on the switch. Possible settings include off, 10%, 30% and 100% [L + RALT]. The fourth “АНО КОД” position (right mouse click) is a momentary position and is used to send visual „coded‟ signals (Morse code for example) to other aircraft and ground units in the case of radio communication failure. [L + LALT]. If in a move from Sonoma to

"СТРОЕВ. ОГНИ” (Formation lights) switch. Formation lights are low-intensity light-strips located on the back of the fuselage and the wings. The switch has four positions that include off and three levels of brightness (10%, 30% and 100%). Formation lights can only be seen at close range, so they are often used for formation flying at night without being too visible to enemy units. [J + RCTRL]

So I can understand that there is two sets of lights one for the Navigation lights and another for the Formation lights?

I’m asking this because I couldn’t find the difference …

Navigation lights: Longer vision radious for team mates-More dangerous if the bad guys are searching for you

Formation lights: Shorter vision radious for team mates-Less dangerous if the bad guys are looking for you.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

So I can understand that there is two sets of lights one for the Navigation lights and another for the Formation lights?

I’m asking this because I couldn’t find the difference …

Look from the rear of the chopper when its dark-ish.

You won't be able to see them easily or at all in day-light. They're very dim, like US Aircraft slime-lights for formation flying.

Turn off all other lights (beacon, nav, rotor tip lights) for effect.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Look from the rear of the chopper when its dark-ish.

You won't be able to see them easily or at all in day-light. They're very dim, like US Aircraft slime-lights for formation flying.

Turn off all other lights (beacon, nav, rotor tip lights) for effect.

I think you’re right and that’s the reason I couldn’t see them

THX

8=)