EPU quits on landing

Lanzfeld113

Probably just because early access but I was practicing several flame out landings and I notice the EPU stops running when I land. Yes, I have EPU fuel and yes, the EPU switch is set to "on" (even though it doesn't need to be).

Also,  after the engine stops and the EPU auto starts it seems the HUD tumbles. I think (not 100% sure) the HUD shouldn't do this.

Just thought I would report.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm seeing the same, consistently, during flameout landings. Shortly after touchdown, the EPU goes off and most electric systems switch off. That makes it very hard to perform proper aerobraking.

Note, I'm not sure if this is correct behavior, but I assume the EPU should probably stay on a little longer than weight on main wheels plus a few seconds.

Track recorded in 2.7.15.26783 OpenBeta.

Edited by Yurgon
Attachment removed

On 6/8/2022 at 2:57 PM, Lanzfeld113 said:

Also,  after the engine stops and the EPU auto starts it seems the HUD tumbles. I think (not 100% sure) the HUD shouldn't do this.

IIRC this was reported way, way back but still no fix.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante