Target Designation is lost when I switch from RIO to Pilot in Single Player DCS Open Beta

Madrus

As Pilot, using JESTER to manage the LANTIRN works ok. But he cannot always find the target I want. So I switch to the RIO seat and operate the LANTIRN myself. After I designate the target, I switch to the Pilot seat. After I switch, JESTER announces he is switching to area track, the designation disappears, and he starts searching again. And if I try QDES - it does not restore the view of the target that I designated either.

I thought it was possible to switch from RIO to Pilot and maintain the designated target and continue the attack with JESTER making his usual callouts. It has actually worked that way a couple of times.

Am I missing something?

5 hours ago, Madrus said:

As Pilot, using JESTER to manage the LANTIRN works ok. But he cannot always find the target I want. So I switch to the RIO seat and operate the LANTIRN myself. After I designate the target, I switch to the Pilot seat. After I switch, JESTER announces he is switching to area track, the designation disappears, and he starts searching again. And if I try QDES - it does not restore the view of the target that I designated either.

I thought it was possible to switch from RIO to Pilot and maintain the designated target and continue the attack with JESTER making his usual callouts. It has actually worked that way a couple of times.

Am I missing something?

We'll look into it, thank you.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I used to have that problem, but then I found that when I did tell him to track QDES, he would snap back to it just fine.  I have done this in the last few days and it still works.  So, I guess my only question is, are you sure that you properly designated the target?

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Well, to me that brings up two issues:

1. Did I as RIO designate the target using LANTIRN trigger full action? Yes. And the bomb drop cue appears, the steering cueing appears and the target information shows up in the LANTIRN pod. Then I switch to the PILOT seat and all that usually disappears, JESTER says area track and begins his search. Whether I command JESTER to QDES or whether I switch to RIO command QDES myself, nothing happens - the designation is gone.

2. Did I as PILOT command JESTER to search and designate a target? Yes, and everything seems to work as intended.

My problem is not with JESTER, my problem is with me as pilot, then RIO, then pilot again. It has worked twice, but failed about 50 times. I have watched Redkite's video from March 12, 2019 and it worked for him. Like I said, it has worked for me twice, but why does it fail and lose designation the other 50 times?

Thanks for your interest though. Valid question. My question for you is:

Are you designating as the RIO? Or commanding JESTER to designate?

• Like 1