Anti-skid doesn't engage when activated through bound switch, works with mouse clicking

Vakarian

At work, so can't post a track at the moment, but this bug should be easily reproducible. AFAIK, hot-start or cold-start shouldn't matter, outcome is the same on both.

I have anti-skid switch bound to one of my button boxes. The issue is that if I activate anti-skid using that switch, I see the cockpit switch move, but anti-skid light on annunciation panel is on.
Then I do disengage anti-skid, engage it with a mouse click this time and it works as intended. This has been bugging me for months now and I've only accidentally stumbled yesterday on a solution with a mouse clicking the switch.

So it's not the issue that switch is not recognized by DCS at all (because cockpit switch moves when physical switch is moved on button box), but something is missing as the anti-skid functionality in the A-10 is not activated. Could this be looked at? I can provide track in ~10 hours if it's needed. 

Added .trk file. Tested with both hot and cold started jets. Clicking the switch activated and deactivates anti-skid as one would expect. Using physical switch on button-box can only disable anti-skid but cannot reengage it even though in-cockpit switch is in "on" position.

Both switch position and annunciation panel are visible during testing.

antiSkid.trk

Edited by Vakarian
Added .trk file and extra clarification

A/S switch is solenoid-held. I would check that the action you're enacting isn't making an explicit off command on release.

Also if the command is pulsed I would check that pulse is long enough to travel to the magnet and stick. Very short pulses can allow a switch to relax before it has a chance to stick.

The switch I'm using is ON-ON switch so as long as it's in the position it will keep the "on" signal active. Just double checked it in the button tester , so that shouldn't be an issue.

Also, I've tried both separate on/off bindings and toggle binding, none of them managed to activate anti-skid. Only mouse clicking was able to do it, no other bound control seems to work.

The thing is where I've bound ON-ON switch to it, ingame switch would be in position but anti-skid wasn't engaged. When I've used toggle button it was in "on" position for as long as I've held the switch but it always spring returned to off. Added new track to support this. First I've used mouse button couple of times, then I've used ON-ON switch, then I've used button that was bound to "Anti Skid On else Off (2-way switch)" and that only remained in up position for as long as I've held the switch. Finally I've used mouse button again and just flicked the switch to up and it worked.

Now I'm more sure it's a bug because none of the bindable controls seems to work.

Screen_220625_121215.png

antiSkid2.trk

Edited by Vakarian
New track and extra testing