F-16 D model and drag chute

A 2 seater F-16 would be fun, and would help train new pilots to the module.

A swappable tail in the Ground Crew options between drag chute or non drag chute would be nice since many of the overseas F-16's we have liveries for, have drag chutes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I doubt you see sub DLC for aircraft like the F-4E, F-16, F-18 etc.

The reason being, is those aircraft have Export options, Different Avionics, and sometimes different engines, the general shape may look the same but often they are completely different requiring not only the 3D Shapes to be re-done, but the Systems and Flight Model as well.

For example: the F-4, AH-64 and F-16 were widely exported and produced not only in the USA by in factories in other countries.
The Changes done to the Actual Airframe are extensive, the avionics swap outs as well.

Same is said for the F/-18A/B/C/D and F/A-18E/F/G, Switzerland, Finland, Canada, Australia etc all have different avionics and extra options. (whether it's lights, solid wings, CFTs etc).

The Export Lots have features not in use by the primary operator (USN/USAF). The Primary Operator is where most of these modules will continue to focus on.

If ED was to do every Export Lot for Every Country, it would basically be a giant feature creep, as the list of changes from Operator to Operator is extensive. The Development Time/Cost to Return Ratio would not be feasible, as stated, most of these export versions have different avionics, engines and airframe shapes, each Country specific lot is essentially a new aircraft.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 2

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

+1 on the 2 seater. It seems everyone always look down on a 2 seater version without seeing the potential.

We had a lot of new player that just recently got DCS but are reluctant to join in a mission or play together in a public server because they are not comfortable enough. While if there is a 2 seat version he/she can just seat in the back and enjoy the experience while also learning. For example i was flying with a new guy on enigma server in an L-39 he didn't do anything other than help spotting and we had a blast

You can't do that in a F-14, apache, Hind because you are required to know how to operate the RIO/Gunner seat which why I'm excited about F-15E since everything can be done from the front. Granted you wont be as effective as having a competent WSO but atleast he get the taste of what DCS mission is.

• Like 3