Mk 46 torpedo - incorrect geometry

Northstar98

Hi everyone,

Another very minor issue with the South Atlantic assets - the Mk 46 torpedo has a few errors with it's 3D model compared to the real thing.

Firstly, the nose is the wrong shape - the real thing is much more rounded, the one in DCS is almost completely flat:

Spoiler

j5lGsxR.png

Mk-46-torpedo-003.jpg

Unfortunately this is the best drawing of one I can find:

image280.jpg

Secondly, there's the propellor, the rearmost one is significantly smaller than the one in front of it, which doesn't seem to be accurate (EDIT in some images the rear most propeller is slightly smaller, but not to the extent as the model in DCS):

Spoiler

F5wFhtq.jpg

Mk-46-torpedo-010.jpg

These are both fairly minor issues but at the same time they shouldn't be too difficult to fix (though the nose might have to be retextured, though the thing is only 2 colours).

The other thing is that most weapons in DCS (including the Sea Cat and Sea Dart) have animated control surfaces, the Mk 46 doesn't (all 4 fins on the rear are supposed to be all-moving, not sure what the range is, but I'd say 30-45° is probably about right.

Spoiler

Just as an FYI, the Mk 46 variant accurate for the Condell-class and several RN assets (including helicopters and several ships) is the Mk 46 Mod 2, though right now the only thing that affects right now is top speed - which should be 45 knots for the Mk 46 Mod 2.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.