Broken by Oculus update?

spotterfc
Go to solution Solved by glen.a.williamson,

My Oculus Quest 2  just updated to 31406800634500000 and now DCS seems broken - may be coincidence.  Started DCS open beta (latest version from 22 Jun) and selected training in AH-64 - hover takeoff lesson.  Load seemed to go normally but the sim started with me about 200ft in the air behind the chopper.  Pressed F1 to re-enter the ac and the textures loaded really slowly.  Also had some weird compass rose and some random diamond and reticle symbols moving with the headset (also when out of the ac at the start).

Weirdest thing was when I tried to taxi with full forward cyclic (confirmed with the control read out (Ctrl-Enter)) the helicopter went backwards.  Full aft stick had the same effect.  I have NO idea what is going on - the only change made since I last flew was the Oculus update.

Track file is 8MB for a mission lasting about 30secs (!) so can't attach it and I'm not convinced it will show what I saw in the headset anyway - if there is a way to give you the 8MB file pls let me know.  Deeply disappointed if this stops me using the sim until oculus sort their <profanity> out.

Last option is to try a repair so I'll do that now...

Hi Glen

By a process of elimination I have come to the same conclusion.  Repaired Open Beta.  Tried F-5E in Stable DCS. Tried same AH-64 training mission in Stable DCS. All fine.  Started Open Beta DCS again and tried training mission - same weird result. Tried Instant Action runway start and all good.

Thank goodness for that!! It's my evening wind down after work. I was distraught!

Have a good evening 

Hi Spotterfc,

I'm glad this seems to not have been a problem with your set-up.  I can only imagine how distraught you must have been ... and, it is really,really unfortunate (not to mention ironic) when your evening wind down after work turns out to wind you up instead !!

I'm sorry this happened to you ... but ... very glad you got it readily resolved.

Hope you havve a great evening, too. 

• Like 1