Mission editor trigger if right DDI with Targeting pod is SOI or if sensor select switch right is pushed on F/A18

twanmal

Hello,

I'm trying to buid a training mission for the hornet about the Targeting Pod. But I can not find the cockpit parameter which says that the right DDI is SOI. Another solution would be to activate a trigger when the Sensor Select Switch right is pushed but I can not find the corresponding parameter too.

just tried to use the DCS-Bios Hub to get a list of parameters, but no joy there, it does not connect to my DCS.

I already tried something like X:COCKPIT PARAM EQUAL TO("COMM1_FREQ", "121") which is doing the job.

Now I'm only looking for the right parameters for either the DDI set to SOI( when the diamond appears) or the Sensor Select switch is pressed, the last beeing my prefered Method since I'd push it several times during the mission.

Has anyone an idea how I can have these parameters ? Or Maybe a workaround ?

Fly safe

Twan

Edited by twanmal
tagging

H97M-E --- 16GB DDR3--- i4790k --- GTX 1080 --- Oculus Rift

As far as I know, there is no parameter or indicator that will provide the SOI, so the only way would be to detect the Sensor Control Switch presses .. their codes are:

Sensor Control Switch - Aft: Device 13, Command 3006
Sensor Control Switch - Fwd: Device 13, Command 3005
Sensor Control Switch - Left: Device 13, Command 3007
Sensor Control Switch - Right: Device 13, Command 3008

For example, the SCS Aft could be detected with the trigger action: X:START LISTEN COMMAND, 3006, "SCS Aft", 1, 13. This would set the flag "SCS Aft" to True when the SCS switch goes onto the AFT position. Then you would need a trigger to act when this flag gets true:

Flag "SCS Aft" True; then Set Flag "SCS Aft" to False (so it can detect another press again later), etc.

It is complex, as you need to distinguish if your F-18 is on A/A or A/G Mode, as the SCS switch behaves differently on each.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB