Winwing Orion F18 Preorder Lead Time?

socra823

Right now I'm looking into the Orion F18 HOTAS from Winwing to replace my TM T16000m stick + TWCS throttle. The Orion looks really great and has all the controls I'd need, plus that preorder price on their website is extremely enticing. I just don't want to be left without a HOTAS for too long and I have until July 22nd to return the TM package to Amazon. Does anybody (or Winwing themselves) have an estimate on when the unit would be shipped out & delivered after preordering? Thanks

I estimate between 4 and 6 weeks....but how long is a piece of string?

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

I created a thread back in the Spring to track my preorder timeline: 

A bunch of folks have been posting theirs in there as well. This has some pretty current examples to give you an idea, but @MustangSally's estimate is about right. That said, it seems WW is updating the Orion 2 Throttle and are holding all orders until that's complete. If past experience is an indicator of future performance, if you preorder now, you'll get automatically upgraded, free of charge (I ordered Orion 1 before Orion 2 was released, because this filled my order after it was released, I got upgraded to Orion 2 for free!).

32GB (4x8) DDR4 2400 | Intel Core i-7 8700 4.6 GHz | MSI ATX Pro Z-370-A | GeForce 2070RTX Super Founder's Edition
WinWing Orion 2 Hotas w/ Hornet Throttle and Stick grips | HP Reverb G2 | BenQ 21" 60Hz | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip Pro
Hornet driver, Blue Angel enthusiast, Tomcat stan

I ordered mine(Orion 1) last Christmas/New Year and I'm thinking 3 1/2 weeks was what it took to get to me here in Illinois

j

Ryzen7 5800X3D. 64 gb ram, 6950XT 16gb,  Winwing Orion F18, MFG Crosswind Rudder, 42 inch lg tv, Quest PRO

USN  VF31 F14A  AE2 1985-1989 CV 59 NAS Oceana

IL ANG 183FW/170FS F16 Block 30 Big Mouth 1989-2006 Full time tech Retired E8

2 hours ago, Brother_Leb said:

I created a thread back in the Spring to track my preorder timeline: 

A bunch of folks have been posting theirs in there as well. This has some pretty current examples to give you an idea, but @MustangSally's estimate is about right. That said, it seems WW is updating the Orion 2 Throttle and are holding all orders until that's complete. If past experience is an indicator of future performance, if you preorder now, you'll get automatically upgraded, free of charge (I ordered Orion 1 before Orion 2 was released, because this filled my order after it was released, I got upgraded to Orion 2 for free!).

Okay cool thanks for the info! So hype to get the Orion it just looks so good based on images & reviews

• Like 2