After rearm Vikr cant hit target.

SVK_Fox

Hello all. I tried to refuel and rearm during mission, after landing I perform shut down procedure and rearm. Than I started automatic start up procerure (LALT+Home). After that I turn on my laser and enable weapons. After all this everything looks fine. Also I was able to lock target and select vichr. But after launch vichr i was not able to hit target, all vichr missiles hit ground before target, I tried also to move designator behind target or anywhere else, but all missiles still head to one point. I switched to canoon and it worked fine and hit target. Does anybody have similar problem?

Before rearm everything was fine and normal.

I've had the same thing on one occassion (ie: all Vikhrs hitting just in front of target), but in my case it did it in the initial engagement (ie: no refuel/ re-arm involved).

Tried resetting the weapons system, re-locking target and ensured I had indication on the HUD that the laser was tracking. Also tried changing the Shkval gate size but without effect.

Edited by Jester_159th
typos

if it works before you shut down.. then dont shut down... switch your radio to the ground crew frequency and request a change... you can rearm/refuel with engines still running...

You can also reset your laser by hitting the button next to the cover switch that changes the laser to either rangefinder or targeting...

I'll post some pictures of the switches im talking about in a bit

I believe I've had this problem before.

After spending all my vikhr I landed at a ship to re-arm. I reset my shkval and hud but left my master arm and laser standby switches both on. After landing I didnt shutdown and just switched the intercom to ground crew, re-armed and took off again.

When I went to fire a vikhr I found that I could not get the range for the target, even though the laser standy switch was still in the on position, I did get the launch authorization but if I fired the missile did not track the laser and it hit the ground in front of me. When I turned the laser standby swtich to the off position I could then get a range to the target, but was still unable to fire as I did not get the launch authorization (C on the hud). So it seems they some how got mixed up.

It was very strange, Ive not tried recreating the bug and it was a week or so ago now so I may not be recounting every detail precisely. But something was wrong.

Hi,

Works fine here! I shutdown, changed load, restarted, etc.. - no issues.

Best regards,

Tango.

Same here, no problems after reload.

Regards Intruder

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A| Case: Thermaltake Overseer RX-I | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80+ GOLD, 1300W| Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | CPU: Intel Core i9 9900KS @5 GHz | CPU-Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Tower Cooler | RAM: 32GB G.Skill F4-4133C17-8GTZR | GPU:NVIDIA GeForce RTX4090 OC 24GB |SSD: Samsung SSD 860 M.2 1TB | Keyboard: Logitech G110 | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Gaming Devices: Hotas WW Orion 2 Stick&Throttle, Thrustmaster MFD, Pimax Crystal, Stream Deck XL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It may just be chance that you are experiencing the bug (?) over here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=35496

Which seems to be affecting a few people (my self included) , where after a period of time (something near 45 mins) , you can no longer get proper ranging data from the laser, or you can get ranging return, but it doesn't seem to pass it on to the fire control computer (?) , you do not get a "C" , and if you manual overide, the Vickhr will fall well short / cannon rounds will fall well short.

It seems like it could either be:

a) a bug

b) the modelling of some sort of system to do with the life expectancy of the laser rangefinder or fire control system.

Since it's been reported in teh bugs forum, and I believe there have been a couple of tracks sent off, we can hope for an official answer soon :)

Hmm....

I'm going to create a new thread on this too, but anyone else find that in level flight with no change of configuration or trajectory, that the Shkval will reset for no reason? I catch it periodically - I get the test card come up. I'm not sure if the weapons system resets though.

Best regards,

Tango.

It may just be chance that you are experiencing the bug (?) over here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=35496

Which seems to be affecting a few people (my self included) , where after a period of time (something near 45 mins) , you can no longer get proper ranging data from the laser, or you can get ranging return, but it doesn't seem to pass it on to the fire control computer (?) , you do not get a "C" , and if you manual overide, the Vickhr will fall well short / cannon rounds will fall well short.

It seems like it could either be:

a) a bug

b) the modelling of some sort of system to do with the life expectancy of the laser rangefinder or fire control system.

Since it's been reported in teh bugs forum, and I believe there have been a couple of tracks sent off, we can hope for an official answer soon :)

AS you mentioned, I have similar problem now during normal fly, not after rearm, I lost ability to achieve range to target. Seems strange. Hope ED will solve this. Thanks anyway for your time and help guys, really thank you for quick response.

Hmm....

I'm going to create a new thread on this too, but anyone else find that in level flight with no change of configuration or trajectory, that the Shkval will reset for no reason? I catch it periodically - I get the test card come up. I'm not sure if the weapons system resets though.

Best regards,

Tango.

LETS MOVE HERE PLEASE http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=35496&page=3