Mission 4 - Not Tanking is a Fail?

Why do you fail the mission for not tanking  when you have been ordered to proceed immediately to assist the Marianas which is being attacked.  Are we suppose to take the time to find the tanker, tank then go help the ship?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

6 minutes ago, Sarge55 said:

Why do you fail the mission for not tanking  when you have been ordered to proceed immediately to assist the Marianas which is being attacked.  Are we suppose to take the time to find the tanker, tank then go help the ship?

Hi

The requirement to tank  is after you have resolved things, all as directed in the mission by Strike, not before. 

Hope this helps.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Not really.

I cleared the first two ships, then received the message to assist the ship under attack.  Proceed buster to the coordinates provided. I did that and halfway there I received the mission fail for not tanking.

So shall I ignore the order to assist and finish inspection of the other two ships, fill up at the tanker then proceed to assist. Seems contrary but… if that’s how it’s setup I’ll follow the plan. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

1 hour ago, Sarge55 said:

Not really.

I cleared the first two ships, then received the message to assist the ship under attack.  Proceed buster to the coordinates provided. I did that and halfway there I received the mission fail for not tanking.

So shall I ignore the order to assist and finish inspection of the other two ships, fill up at the tanker then proceed to assist. Seems contrary but… if that’s how it’s setup I’ll follow the plan. 

HI

That should not happen. 

Which direction are you heading to get to the the Marianas? You should not be going over land but remain over the sea.  The fail trigger is a 50 mile zone  around the ABE you do not need to  enter this to deal with the Marianas. Have you got Tacview  and could you send me a file of your movement. ( DCS Tracks do not work very well) I can then check it out.

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Sorry no Tacview file.

I was over land at the time, west coast of the peninsula. I’ll run the mission again and double check my coordinates for the Marianas.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

46 minutes ago, Sarge55 said:

Sorry no Tacview file.

I was over land at the time, west coast of the peninsula. I’ll run the mission again and double check my coordinates for the Marianas.

Double check your coordinates you shouldn't be over land , that's probably what's triggered the failure to plug. 

Figured it out.  It was my entering of data for the new WP I guess.  When I did it tonight it was off shore and I found the ship OK.

Sorry to trouble you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, Sarge55 said:

Figured it out.  It was my entering of data for the new WP I guess.  When I did it tonight it was off shore and I found the ship OK.

Sorry to trouble you.

No problem, glad you got it sorted, hope you enjoy the campaign 👍

• 4 months later...

Just FYI, the data format for precision coordinates the Hornet changed at some point. Missions give it in degrees-minutes-seconds-decimal seconds, but they should be entered in degrees-minutes-decimal minutes. It's usually close enough that you can find the target anyway, but it's hardly precision coordinates.

Not sure what you mean changed at some point.  The precise coordinates  in the mission are given in decimal seconds and this is intentional. You have always had to switch  the format on the HSI when using these. That's why it is covered in the brief.