Awesome - Exported displays now switch when switching seats

jonsky7

Hi

So automatic switching of the exported displays has been implemented in the new patch (28JUL22), don't forget to remove any previously modified files if you have them!

Just wanted to drop a word of thanks for implementing this feature, much appreciated👍👍

If anyone wants to change the name of the exported displays, to separate them from LEFT_MFCD and RIGHT_MFCD, for whatever reason, you'll find that they are defined in:

%/DCS World.openbeta/Mods/aircraft/AH-64D/Cockpit/Scripts/Displays/MFD/indicator/LCD/MFD_LCD.lua

Edited by jonsky7
  • Like 1

Yah, this update did not fix all the issues, but it is progress. My notes so far:

By default LEFT_MFCD and RIGHT_MFCD will create auto-switching MFD screens.

We can change the MFDs to other viewports and move then around if we want, but if you want four separate viewports all four will render all the time.

The TEDAC is still doubled, but will stop rending when you're not in the CPG seat.

Both EUFD screens will continue to render, even when you're not in the respective seat.

Hi,

any ideas for the TEDAC? My third display stays dark in CPG-seat...

Thats my .lua:

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('FlipperAH-64D');
Description = 'Left MFCD on the left monitor,Right MFCD on the right'
Viewports =
{
     Center =
     {
          x = 0;
          y = 0;
          width = 1920;
          height = 1080;
          viewDx = 0;
          viewDy = 0;
          aspect = 1920/1080;
     }
}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
     x = 1950;
     y = 0;
     width = 750;
     height = 600;
     aspect = 1024/600;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
     x = 2974;
     y = 0;
     width = 750;
     height = 600;
     aspect = 1024/600;
}

TEDAC =
{
     x = 3998;
     y = 0;
     width = 750;
     height = 600;
     aspect = 1024/768;
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center
GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center

“The uninitiated non-believers think an airplane is a collection of moving parts and miles of wiring.

We know better.”

Marshall “War Dog” Lefavor

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Flipper

No.

You have this in your TEDAC_init.lua:

------------------------ added by Capt Zeen
dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
try_find_assigned_viewport("TEDAC")
------------------------ end of added by Capt Zeen

?

Edited by Mapi

Thanks, Mapi!

Problem ist solved, I use the files of this thread:

“The uninitiated non-believers think an airplane is a collection of moving parts and miles of wiring.

We know better.”

Marshall “War Dog” Lefavor

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, 16th Widowmakr said:

So do we not rename the MFD's as Pilot Left and Right and CPG left and right? In other words do we not install the folder from the display export guide?

My display export guide has been updated. There are still config files to download, those allow mapping the EUFDs, TEDAC, and KU, which have no viewport assigned to them by default, but the download no longer changes the MFDs.

4 hours ago, Bunny Clark said:

My display export guide has been updated. There are still config files to download, those allow mapping the EUFDs, TEDAC, and KU, which have no viewport assigned to them by default, but the download no longer changes the MFDs.

FWIW I think the original custom viewports might be the only way to avoid the in cockpit blinding displays.

I've figured out a way to use the AH64_PLT_ etc viewports as the export and have the default rendering stream (MFCD_RIGHT) be invisible, so the incockpit displays go blank.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

12 hours ago, Bunny Clark said:

Still not auto switching do I have to export all four MPD's??

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.4 GHz

32 Gb RAM, Nvidea GTX 1050 TI

Water Cooled, Windows 10 64 bit

11 hours ago, 16th Widowmakr said:

Still not auto switching do I have to export all four MPD's??

Your MFD_cpg_left_init.lua, MFD_cpg_right_init.lua, MFD_plt_left_init.lua, and MFD_plt_right_init.lua files should all be restored to stock without a specific reference to a viewport. Then in your monitor config you need to define LEFT_MFCD and RIGHT_MFCD.

17 hours ago, Bunny Clark said:

Your MFD_cpg_left_init.lua, MFD_cpg_right_init.lua, MFD_plt_left_init.lua, and MFD_plt_right_init.lua files should all be restored to stock without a specific reference to a viewport. Then in your monitor config you need to define LEFT_MFCD and RIGHT_MFCD.

I thought putting in the display exports file in your updated export guide did that. Is there some more editing I have to do and if so where?

8 hours ago, 16th Widowmakr said:

I thought putting in the display exports file in your updated export guide did that. Is there some more editing I have to do and if so where?

No, I simply removed those files from the download in the Export Guide, as there is no need to patch them now.

If you don't have backups, doing a repair install, or installing any DCS update, will restore them. Or if you need, I can upload the stock files for you.

16 hours ago, Bunny Clark said:

No, I simply removed those files from the download in the Export Guide, as there is no need to patch them now.

If you don't have backups, doing a repair install, or installing any DCS update, will restore them. Or if you need, I can upload the stock files for you.

I did a repair and re-installed the controlsindicator_page and PrestonAI_common_page luas and my displays are no longer exported. Any ideas?

6 hours ago, 16th Widowmakr said:

I did a repair and re-installed the controlsindicator_page and PrestonAI_common_page luas and my displays are no longer exported. Any ideas?

Do you have RIGHT_MFCD and LEFT_MFCD defined in your monitor config?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 2:08 AM, Bunny Clark said:

Downloaded the latest update and the MFD's are not being exported. I re-installed the Controls indicator and Preston AI scripts. Can anyone upload a Monitorsetup file I can use as an example to compare to my existing lua file? Thanks

2 hours ago, 16th Widowmakr said:

Downloaded the latest update and the MFD's are not being exported. I re-installed the Controls indicator and Preston AI scripts. Can anyone upload a Monitorsetup file I can use as an example to compare to my existing lua file? Thanks

Sure, here's mine. If you don't find anything obvious you can upload yours and I can take a look at it. 

Helios Touch.lua

Edited by Bunny Clark

11 hours ago, Bunny Clark said:

Sure, here's mine. If you don't find anything obvious you can upload yours and I can take a look at it. 

Helios Touch.lua 1.91 kB · 0 downloads

OK nothing jumps out at me so here is my setup file

Apache.lua