Trace loss problem of HP reverb G2 ,help!

laldren1983

First of all, English is not my first language, so please forgive my grammar and spelling mistakes.

Fellow pilots, I sincerely seek your help and advice.My HP REVERB G2 had the same problem that most people have, and it seemed more severe.I took a number of steps to find out why,Unfortunately, I'm almost certain that this is  ED's problem, the DCS itself.I don't know if we have a way to solve it ourselves

1.   The fault phenomenon

When entering the online game( note that it is an online game, not an offline stand-alone game),Every time I press F2 to switch to another plane view,  Or when my plane enters a more complex low-altitude scene,Or just every three to five minutes,my G2 first enters a brief blue screen(about a second or two),Then the camera lost track,The picture in G2 starts to drift and rotate(If you check one of the options in Settings, the screen will grey out),It soon returned to normal,The whole process lasts about 5 seconds.And then the pattern repeats itself

2.  Some basic facts

My hp reverb g2:new  ,V2  cable.   Why am I almost certain it's not G2's  problem?Because I had this problem with my last G2, and I thought it was broken, so I bought a new one,but problem still exits.

My  PC:  amd 5800X / MSI rtx3090 / kingston 32g / B550  /windows11 The latest version

setting:No matter how you set the picture quality, the problem still occurs

3. The steps I've taken so far

I see a lot of pilots talking about this in the forums,Some solutions are also given,I put these ideas to the test one by one,But unfortunately,problem still exits.These methods are:

(1)restart my computer 

or(2)Clearing mixed reality Environment Data

or(3)Purchase a PCIE USB adapter with independent power supply,and Plug the data cable of G2 into the USB3.0 interface of the card

by the way ,I had great hopes for this approach,But unfortunately it didn't work,The aforementioned blue screen and lost track phenomena,This parameter is displayed when the data cable of G2 is inserted into the USB3.0 port on the PCIE card.  BUT  , If I plug the data cable of G2 directly into the USB3.0 interface of the PC motherboard,Every once in a while(about 8minutes),G2 automatically restarts or enters hibernation and cannot be woken up(At this point the PC display shows DCS is still running normally),This situation is even worse,It's like DCS just kicked out my G2.....

or(4)Uninstall mixed reality completely,Remove all cables from G2,Then download and install again

or (5)Run DCS in either OpenXR or SteamVR,problem still exits

4. My preliminary analysis

First of all, many pilots in the forum think that The location loss of G2 is affected by ambient lighting in the room,but i don't think so,Because it can't explain why these problems only occur in online games, while everything works in offline standalone mission.The most important thing is,My G2 didn't have any problems running other games,The problem only appears in the DCS online game, and the server more plane, the more serious the problem.So, after excluding power supply, environment, hardware, operation and other reasons,I think it's probably the DCS themselves.

Sincerely hope that you pilots can provide some solutions other than the above,I'll test them one by one and report the results in the comments

Finally, we are still grateful to ED for allowing us to experience the life we aspire to as a real pilot,I also hope ED can see my problem and try to solve it.

I'm not sure it helps, but in 2 years of owning a G2 I have not experienced that problem, so I'm not sure it's typical. Here are some things to try.

1) AMD has had a lot of problems with its USB drivers, so make sure your BIOS is updated to the latest version.

2) it could be an unstable over clock, the 3090 is a beast of a card, it might be just enough to tip you over. So try it on stock settings and see.

3) set your page file to 32gb, you might think 32gb of ram is enough but it might not be especially in multilayer.

4) in the nvidia drivers set the shader cache to 10gb, as above.

5) Check your power management mode for your pc make sure it's set to ultra performance, and make sure your USB ports and devices have power management turned off.

6) set your hmd time out to 1 hour see if that improves things.

• Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

9小时前,speed-of-heat说:

I'm not sure it helps, but in 2 years of owning a G2 I have not experienced that problem, so I'm not sure it's typical. Here are some things to try.

1) AMD has had a lot of problems with its USB drivers, so make sure your BIOS is updated to the latest version.

2) it could be an unstable over clock, the 3090 is a beast of a card, it might be just enough to tip you over. So try it on stock settings and see.

3) set your page file to 32gb, you might think 32gb of ram is enough but it might not be especially in multilayer.

4) in the nvidia drivers set the shader cache to 10gb, as above.

5) Check your power management mode for your pc make sure it's set to ultra performance, and make sure your USB ports and devices have power management turned off.

6) set your hmd time out to 1 hour see if that improves things.

IT WORKS  !!!!!!!!!  I just upgraded my motherboard's BIOS to the latest version  ,And then it worked, and the problem didn't recur  !!! Your prompt gave me the most accurate answer, Thanks a lot  dear brother!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, laldren1983 said:

IT WORKS  !!!!!!!!!  I just upgraded my motherboard's BIOS to the latest version  ,And then it worked, and the problem didn't recur  !!! Your prompt gave me the most accurate answer, Thanks a lot  dear brother!!!

awesome glad you are up and working!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg