Can't Change Radar Settings

dresoccer4

I'm pressing the radar range in and out but nothing is happening on the radar just this static screen (radar is powered on). Is there something else you need to do to get the radar to change distance?

image.png

null

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Unless you've deliberately narrowed your radar cone, that looks like you have the Weapons System CMD FWD active, you have to release that with Weapons System CMD AFT before you can change the range again.

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

3 hours ago, Despayre said:

Unless you've deliberately narrowed your radar cone, that looks like you have the Weapons System CMD FWD active, you have to release that with Weapons System CMD AFT before you can change the range again.

thanks yeah i figured it out after i was in a weird radar setting and had to flip it back aft. i was turning the radar off and on and it was still in the wierd setting so was freaking out 

• Like 1

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Looks like BAH mode in the screenshot, which is one of the close quarters, horizontal auto-acquisition modes that locks range to within 10 NM.

What you want is to return to Bar Search mode -- the one where you can change your range and play hunt the pixels with your cursor. You can always get back to this mode by using "Weapon SystemCMD Depress". If you use AFT it might work if you have an air-to-ground weapon selected (it cycles your nav preselect and ranging mode select on your PCA panel, but also puts you back into Bar Search). But if you have an air-to-air weapon selected AFT just cycles between BAH/BA2.

• Like 1

I am experiencing this recently quite often. Even after hot start on 4YA servers my radar is stuck at 10nm and the cursor is flashing. After pressing Radar Rearm button it starts working again.

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

1 hour ago, Marklar said:

I am experiencing this recently quite often. Even after hot start on 4YA servers my radar is stuck at 10nm and the cursor is flashing. After pressing Radar Rearm button it starts working again.

This means you are in some close combat mode, press the Weapon SystemCMD Depress HOTAS command and it will return the radar to bar search.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA