Harbor Boats, Off Shore Vessels, and Tankers

Hawkeye60

Harbor Boats, Off Shore Vessels, and Tankers

These mods have been sitting collecting dust on my HD for way too long.

I keep meaning to check and fix/release them for ages.

The time has come!

Please note,

The above mentioned fixes have NOT been done.

I have taken a quick look in sim to check if most show.

Some have collision shells, some do not.

Some have landing pads!

These I usually add a good collision for helo ops.

Sorry, No pics yet.

Try them out!

Post screens in this thread!

I will get to it eventually. lol

Saved games install location.

OvGME ready.

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mq0c1xqd9d2i4i6/Tankers V2.7.8.7z?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/83dbypbz8bt8a3c/Off Shore Ships V2.7.8.7z?dl=0

Just for fun!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ua4ibp8rwbk02y/Shark Cage Diving.rar?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rr59qrhlq6srwl6/Harbor Boats V2.7.8.7z?dl=0

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I like the look of the Canadian Resupply ship (MV Asterix) Hawkeye, the hull needs some tlc to get rid of those damn diamond pattern shapes that you get before you round them off but the rest of it looks really good.  I will fix the bow wave and smoke and post something when done.

I wonder if they will change her name when she is finally commissioned into the RCN, probably not, it seems to be some sort of private initiative with a commercial company.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is the new edm with the smoothing tool applied.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8uxxzoypf2debu4/supply_ship_25.zip?dl=0

Drop into the shapes folder and allow overwrite.

Thanks Ed!

I appreciate your assist!

Let me know how the landing pad works!

If needed, the spawn point can be adjusted.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I have corrected the Take Off point by removing the arrestor gear and runway data (its not needed) but as soon as the helo starts to burn and turn the game freezes. 

Tried it with a Merlin and a SeaKing - happens both times.  Static is good, no issues. 

I dont know why that is happening - over to you. 

supply_ship_25.lua

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Mate!

I am not sure what is going on with the spawn.

May need a better collision shell

Try this lua.

I used a new file which makes it a helo carrier.

This adds spawn code at the end of the file for fine tuning.

I know we have been down this road before . It ended is a cliff! LMAO

The landing was not pretty!

I used this lua, but can not get the helo to line up at the center of the pad.

I saw no crash and the ai takes off fine.

My nose position is a bit too far forward here....

I also like the John T Essberger Rescue Cruiser

Screen-220818-063258.png

Screen-220818-063307.png

supply_ship_25.zip

• Like 1

Tried that lua, same problem. Tried it with an ED Helo and a couple of other helo's - same problem.  Is it something to do with the collision model perhaps. 

I screwed up - make a mistake on the lua, will try something else. 

Edited by crazyeddie

Okay, its now sitting out to the right of centre as you have seen, it does take off, but it wont land back on, it diverts to nearest airfield.  Tried adjusting the last number in the code to move it right or left, thats having no effect so not sure what else to try.

Nice!

Now to try as Player.

Helo Ops from this ship will be fun!

Thanks again for your efforts!

Edited by Hawkeye60

Your position is perfect!

Even in cockpit!

Screen-220818-085535.png

However, DCS crashes to desktop before you can settle your ass in the seat! LOL

I will look into this.....

The DCS logs may tell the tale!

Getting there.....

I made corrections to the ship data. deck level etc. to closer match the model.

Every code line matters!

the error of note,

2022-08-17 23:14:11.081 DEBUG   LuaGUI: can't open 'C:\Users\Hawkeye\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor/default_coalitions.lua'

DCS shuts down right after this line.

• 2 weeks later...