Throttle setup ( Set Cutoff and afterburner)

Dear ED, I wrote about this a long time ago but i have not received any response. I am asking you to add button in the throttle settings (SET CUTOFF and SET AFTERBURNER). In the current situation, it is very tiring to correctly set the axis propperly so that the afterburner turns on in the detent on the throttle. I struggle with it every time I buy a new module and I'm never completely satisfied with my setup. Once the throttle is very slow for most of the range and it moves instantaneously elsewhere. After so many years i think that its time to add i think so small but very helpfull option to our simulator.

They have an idle/off button assignment that works great, agreed it would be nice to have similar for Afterburner.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

You are talking about an additional key in the assignment options, e.g. for throttles. But I mean another solution. Which does not block additional button on HOTAS.

This video show what i mean. I think that is the best way to set throttle in simulator. I moved the throttle to position what i want and click "set Cutt off" then i moved throttle to another detent and click AB. Thats it.

I will not even mention that when setting the throttle for twin-engine airplanes I do not have the option to save and paste the settings from one engine to another, I need to take a photo by phone of the axis settings and transfer them to the other engine.

@Versor

I understood what you meant. And I was thinking about how they do it I  that other F-16 sim. There are numerous post on this forum that ask for the same solution in DCS. But ED has never responded to any as I've seen. 

But like I wrote. Aerges has implemented a different yet similar solution that works well in the Mirage F1. It's not as sexy an convenient, but it works perfectly, and I have the afterburner exactly where I want it. In a way it's better. Because, I could see exactly were the AB kicks in through where the animation and the AB lights. Now, we should make EVERY 3rd party copy this solution in their modules, and maybe ED will follow. 

Cheers! 

7 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

@Versor

I understood what you meant. And I was thinking about how they do it I  that other F-16 sim. There are numerous post on this forum that ask for the same solution in DCS. But ED has never responded to any as I've seen. 

But like I wrote. Aerges has implemented a different yet similar solution that works well in the Mirage F1. It's not as sexy an convenient, but it works perfectly, and I have the afterburner exactly where I want it. In a way it's better. Because, I could see exactly were the AB kicks in through where the animation and the AB lights. Now, we should make EVERY 3rd party copy this solution in their modules, and maybe ED will follow. 

Cheers! 

I have to check it because now in Mirage F1 I have so that when I move the throttle by 1/3 of the whole range, the throttle in the plane barely moves and then it moves very quickly. It's even hard to taxi. I'm fed up with having fun with it, that's why i wtore this post.

8 minutes ago, Versor said:

I have to check it because now in Mirage F1 I have so that when I move the throttle by 1/3 of the whole range, the throttle in the plane barely moves and then it moves very quickly. It's even hard to taxi. I'm fed up with having fun with it, that's why i wtore this post.

By popular demand they added the option to manually set where the AB kicks in the special settings, in the last patch. I have set my Warthog to 72.
Now, there is still an issue, where I loose 13 percent of the axis before the AB kicks in, but that's another issue. I use the switch in the Warthog for the cut off.
I'm reading through today's patch notes now.

null

image.png