Teamspeak / Ventrilo Hotkey

Moreno

I had to assign transmit to something that black shark doesn't use and then program that into the profile for my X52 in the software.

I imagine a similar solution would work with the CH software.

ye should be

Why not keyboard? or middle mouse button?

For the keyboard I use R-Alt.. works fine anough :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cos I don't want to put my hands off the HOTAS...

I'm trying it out...

I think what they are trying to say is map a keyboard key (like R-Alt) as the teamspeak mike key and then map that key to one of the buttons on your HOTAS. Should work.

-- CoolHand

Are you using TS or Ventrilo with a Hotkey? I want to assign a button on my Cougar for Push to talk. How do I achieve this?

Use Foxy (Cougar software) to write your own profile.

You can assign everything i game and just use the profile for TeamSpeak or Ventrilo. If your TeamSpeak activation key is T (just an example), be sure to disable the corresponding keyassign in the game setup to avoid double actions.

Tip: In the Cougars profile, don't forget the /H modifier in combination with your desired keystroke.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Use Foxy (Cougar software) to write your own profile.

You can assign everything i game and just use the profile for TeamSpeak or Ventrilo. If your TeamSpeak activation key is T (just an example), be sure to disable the corresponding keyassign in the game setup to avoid double actions.

Tip: In the Cougars profile, don't forget the /H modifier in combination with your desired keystroke.

No doubt this would work, but the problem with that is he would need to write a whole profile for his Cougar to work with BS.

He and I will probably want to do that someday, but this can become quite a cascading job that can take some time.

As far as I remember, once you run your Cougar in profile mode as opposed to windows mode, your buttons will no longer be recognized if you had set them up in BS running your Cougar in windows mode.

You can just make a real simple profile with this in it:

USE ALL_DIRECTX_BUTTONS

Then all buttons will be DX buttons except the ones you specifically program.

You may need to add this also: USE HAT1 AS POV to get panning view control with the hat.

Take a look at the TM Default for games profile that comes with Foxy, it basically does this, plus sets the microstick up for mouse emulation.

Hope it helps..

Edited by Dachs
spelling
  • Like 1

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

Thanks for all the replys.

I have already written my own profile for the cougar. So no probs there. I use the KPDENTER for the Ventrilo/TS Hotkey, erased it in BS and added it in Foxy. I used the /P /R modifiers instead of /H (Hold?) <- Maybe that one is way better than P/R. As I haven't been on a server recently I couldn't try it out. But I will today.

EDIT: Works perfectly with the /h modifier! CHEEEERS!

Moreno...

Edited by Moreno