F-16 Cockpit Sound Effect Question

Was wondering if there is an .sdef file for the throttle lever going over the detent in the F-16? I'm wanting to make the detent click a little louder, I use the audible detent click as a reference a lot. Was hoping there was a file for the effect, and that someone might know the the directory path too it, because I can't find it.

• Like 1

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

Nice! @btd, thanks a ton for this, boss!

• Like 2

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

BTW @btd, is there supposed to be a "sounds" folder in my \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta folder? I've always installed my past sound mods by adding them too my \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\resource folder.

Edited by rwbishUP
tag

• ED Team
22 minutes ago, rwbishUP said:

BTW @btd, is there supposed to be a "sounds" folder in my \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta folder? I've always installed my past sound mods by adding them too my \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\resource folder.

If you use open beta than yes, it's the right place C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

1 hour ago, btd said:

Yea, you can check the list of all the sound files using in DCS

/LockOnExe/Doc/Sounds/sdef_and_wave_list.txt

In this folder you can find many useful info too

Cool. I will have a look. Thank you!

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

1 hour ago, btd said:

Yea, you can check the list of all the sound files using in DCS

/LockOnExe/Doc/Sounds/sdef_and_wave_list.txt

In this folder you can find many useful info too

Ok, I've looked into it. If I understand correctly, it's a description on how to format a custom sound file, and how to name and where to put it. 

But there is no way to extract the original sound files and modify them like this. Did I understand correctly?

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• ED Team
8 hours ago, Hiob said:

extract the original sound files and modify them

No, you can't. But you can create your own sound file with the name of the original one, place it in proper folder C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Sounds\Effects\....... and it will be used in your DCS version

It will be your sound mod. You can check an prepared example there: c:\DCS\DCS_trunk\LockOnExe\Doc\Sounds\SoundModExample\

• Like 2

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)