Adding background chatter to a mission. Also opinions on best BFM mission?

markturner1960

Hi, I have several BFM training mission from user files and while they are good in their own way and each have some very good features, frustratingly , I would like to combine elements from various of them into one. The main addition I would like is to be able to add background chatter, which I have in one or two of them, to the others? 

Is this easy? I unpacked a mission file using 7zip, that had teh chatter, but could see no sound files etc anywhere. 

I should add, I know my way around the ME in a basic fashion but complex stuff is a little over my head.....is it fairly easy to find and copy in the chatter files from one to another? 

Finally, what do you guys have in opinions on BFM training missions as to whats the best? Like Banklers F18 carrier mission is the go to for training your carrier landings, I wonder what the accepted "best BFM" trainer is?  Ideally I would like some background chatter, voice acting and maybe scoring? And options for engagemnets etc. Does one have it all ?

Thanks

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

• markturner1960 changed the title to Adding background chatter to a mission. Also opinions on best BFM mission?

First, you need to either download an audio file that contains the radio chatter you want and then convert it to .ogg, or you have to find it in a folder of a mission that has it. It has to be somewhere in the folder structure after all.

Then, adding it into your mission is fairly simple.

1) Either you place down a vehicle, set a frequency and let it transmitt a message (in this case an audio file)

or

2) Go to the trigger list and select radio transmission or whatever it is called and set all the properties as required.

Thanks, I managed to do it! 

Still interested in BFM mission votes....!!

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

• 1 month later...

- Offensive BFM training

(GST - Tailchase - Butterfly - and various Perch setups)

Miz: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309574/

GST setup (Gun Sight Tracking): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z9YfUjJGEo

(Push it up point 8 = speed mach 0.8)

- DML (spawn on command)

YT: https://youtube.com/watch?v=aa34bgGT4Yc&feature=share

Edited by Gideon312