Helipads No Rearm Refuel Function

104th_Money

So going through the map, there are a generous amount of mostly elevated UN helipads at small outpost including along border wall areas. Unfortunately you cant really use them for anything other than landing and taking off. 

I tried to add an invisible FARP on top of them so they can be used as bases but since they are elevated, the FARP does not function. Also, you can't add FARPs to some locations because the varying terrain elevation does not allow you to place them.

Is it possible to give them airport/heliport functionality so they can be used as bases? They are awesome to see but other than using them to act like you are dropping/picking supplies or troops they are quite useless mission wise.

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wi-fi 2 motherboard, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus ROG Strix OC GeForce RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm side mounted intake fans and 3 x 140mm top mounted exhaust fans, 1 x 140mm rear mounted exhaust fans, front mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in 3 push, 3 pull intake configuration, 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

@104th_Money In case it helps, many are in fact usable. The only limiting factor is : can you place an "invisible farp" close enough.

There are 3 scenarios : 1) you can place an "invisible farp" right on heliport. In this case you turn farp's heading to match heliport's heading and you use "start from ramp".

2) you can place an "invisible farp" at less than 100 meters from heliport. In this case you use "start from ground" and turn your helicopter unit's heading to match heliport's heading.

3) you can't place an "invisible farp" at less than 100 meters from heliport. In this case you can't use the heliport.

To quickly see what heliport you can use, use the base mission from @Grimes, create an "invisible farp" anywhere, click and hold farp's icon with left mouse button and move it accross the map, also using mouse wheel in and out to zoom, to see if it can match or close enough the marked heliports.

.miz example and picture attached to show cases 1) and 2), don't forget to add ground units to get comms, ground crew, power/rearm/refuel. BASE MISSION used is from @Grimes (heliports are marked in mission editor), you can find it here :

syria-heliport-farp.jpg

Ruler with both length units can be found here :

test-Syria-heliports.miz

• Thanks 1

@toutenglisse

I appreciate the detailed response. With most of them, I couldnt place FARP close enough for it to work due to the terrain not being level enough. 

I guess I will have to keep trying out different pads until I find some that will let me do that.

Thanks again!

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wi-fi 2 motherboard, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus ROG Strix OC GeForce RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm side mounted intake fans and 3 x 140mm top mounted exhaust fans, 1 x 140mm rear mounted exhaust fans, front mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in 3 push, 3 pull intake configuration, 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

@104th_Money just as a side note, with script it is possible to spawn an invisible Farp wherever you want (in picture attached : on a heliport where mission editor doesn't allow to). That makes all syria's heliports available. (with one limitation : mission editor also won't allow you to place a ground started helo in some cases, so the heliports will be available for everything except spawn on it)

Scripted-inv-farp.jpg

• Thanks 1

You can also just copy/paste (CTLR+C/V) the invisible helipads, then they place where your cursor is regardless.

I see that they fixed the issue with helipads clearing map objects around them 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Its ok if once in awhile the ME wouldnt let you ground place a helo. As long as it will let you do it sometimes, it would open up other options.

6 hours ago, Knock-Knock said:

You can also just copy/paste (CTLR+C/V) the invisible helipads, then they place where your cursor is regardless.

I see that they fixed the issue with helipads clearing map objects around them 👍

Thanks, that solves everything in the simpliest way. With copy/paste it is possible to place "invisible farp" with correct heading on every heliport, and then just place a helo with "ramp start". (...even if the heliport has a tree on it and should be considered dangerous for player and not practicable for AI ^^)

Syria-farp-anywhere.jpg

• Like 1