trigger.action.outSoundForUnit() not working as intended in multiplayer

RED

SP working correctly as far as i tested.

In multiplayer I could only play a sound with an ID=1. It plays for all clients in the mission instead of only clients occupying the unit with ID=1. outTextForUnit seems to work correctly btw.

To reproduce, load the attached mission on a multiplayer server and occupy a slot other than the first blue Hornet slot which is ID=1. You will hear the sound every 5 seconds that should only be heard in the first Hornet slot. Firing a missile will also trigger the function with the ID of the launcher unit. You can't hear the sound since ID != 1 in the other slots.

report_soundout.miz

Hi RED, thanks for the mission.

I tried a few times on current OB and I always get the same result, both in SP and dedicated MP:

• Sound is heard in both 'Aerial-1' aircraft.
  • Sound is not heard in all other aircraft (although I'm seeing text messages saying sound ID=1 is being played).

From what I read in your post, I'm getting what you're not getting in MP, right?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

10 hours ago, Flappie said:

I tried a few times on current OB and I always get the same result, both in SP and dedicated MP:

• Sound is heard in both 'Aerial-1' aircraft.
  • Sound is not heard in all other aircraft (although I'm seeing text messages saying sound ID=1 is being played).

From what I read in your post, I'm getting what you're not getting in MP, right?

Thanks for testing. Interesting. Yeah, that is different. I will test again to make sure. I also included other people in testing to check if it is the same for every client. We are on the latest openbeta currently.

What you are describing is still a problem as that is how the outSoundForGroup function would work with the "Aerial-1" group of aircraft. With outSoundForUnit the sound should still be only heard in the "Aerial-1-1" unit. So you could report that. You can see the unit ID in the ME if you open the unit list.

Ran a quick test again. Multiplayer track attached if that helps anything. I can confirm what you are seeing in multiplayer, however it still works correctly in singleplayer. My suspicion is that the outsoundforunit works like outsoundforGroup in multiplayer. That is why you can hear it in both units with group ID =1. If you fire the missile you also get no sound in the other units as their unit ID does not match their group ID.

report_soundout-20220908-130141.trk

• Thanks 1