After landing AI wingman rolls straight off from the runway and crashes to building

St4rgun

M-2000C, singleplayer, Caucasus, Instant Action / Take off mission, One AI wingman.

After taking off with the AI wingman I just flew a circle to immediately land to Sukhumi airbase. Before landing I instructed the AI to be in finger four formation, and we landed in formation. After touchdown I rolled down the runway (AI wingmen also does this normally) and at the end turned left for taxi. The AI however rolls down the runway in a straight line, then goes through the fields and hits the inner marker building without a trace of steering or braking. The collission is fatal.

Further strange behaviours on AI flying and landing with the M-2000C, which are not fatal:

• abrupt slowdowns without opening the speedbrake (can be seen at slowing down before final in the turn, I had to use airbrakes and the AI can hold the formation without using them)
  • not using high enough AoA at final (missing the vapor trails at the canard wings for AI airplane)
  • always using parachute for quick slowdown instead of proper airbraking
  • while rolling down the runway after touchdown the front wheels of the AI airplane seem somewhat half sinked into the concrete, maybe that causes the inability of steering at the end

The track file is above 5 MB in size (5,8 MB), how shall I upload this?

I experienced somewhat similar behaviour with A-10C II on the Nevada map at Nellis when I'm assigned to land on 21L, so I ordered the wingman to anchor at car park while I land, then when he lands he goes for 21R and after touchdown he goes right through the dirt in a straight line to the 21L and taxi place, very weird.

• PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

On 9/8/2022 at 12:53 AM, Flappie said:

You can use WeTransfer or any other online drive (Google Drive, OneDrive...).

Thanks, Flappie. Is it allowed here to upload a TRK file as 2 parted ZIPs?

• HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

All right, I'm managed to further test the situation. Unforunatelly upon making a mission for the landing with the AI wingman the AI managed to land correctly all the time without the described bug. BUT the front tire was NOT sunken in the concrete in these cases, so maybe that symptom is the key for the bug.

As the TRK file exceeds the 5MB upload limit I'll post it in a two parted ZIP.

M2000C_Caucasus_AI landing failure.zip

Next part of TRK file...

M2000C_Caucasus_AI landing failure.z01

Thanks for the track, it allowed me to see the bug in current OB. Unfortunately, the track won't work with ED internal version.

Since it seems difficult to reproduce this issue, I won't report it for now. But if you find a way to reproduce this bug accurately, please let me know.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

OK, I tried to reproduce the bug, but in all my attempts for making a landing mission failed, because the AI landed well, without half-sunken front tire.

But after then I tried again to fly a quick circle with the same instant action mission as before and the same bug happened: half-sunk front tire, rolling off the runway and crash without braking.

This track is smaller, so attached here. Beyond this I have no idea how to help more. If this is not enough I think you are on your own...

M2000C_Caucasus_AI landing failure_v2.trk

• Thanks 1