ILS Switchology?

Nealius

I've been trying to get the ILS working and I can't seem to get it. Trying at Larnaca with winds soutwest at 5kts for the RWY22 ILS to come online.

1. ILS tuned to 110.30

2. ILS knob set to Marche

3. TACAN/VOR/ILS knob set to ILS

4. Compass set to VT

I get no needles on 22 approach. Testing the VOR (112.80) works and gives me a direction needle on the compass, but I can't get the ILS (110.30) to work. Am I missing a step?

• Like 1

I tried to use ILS at Larrnaca, and could not get it to work either. For some reason the tower gives me runway 04 no matter where the wind blows.

I had success with ILS of runway 05 at Incirlik, and I recommend you try landing there instead. To me this seems like a problem with the ATC system rather than a problem with your procedure.

Edited by Parameter

48 minutes ago, Parameter said:

I tried to use ILS at Larrnaca, and could not get it to work either. For some reason the tower gives me runway 04 no matter where the wind blows.

I had success with ILS at Incirlik, and I recommend you try landing there instead. To me this seems like a problem with the ATC system rather than a problem with your procedure.

All airports do not have ILS set up in both directions, in DCS. It may well be that Larnaca only has antennas set up for the 04.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

1 hour ago, Whisper said:

All airports do not have ILS set up in both directions, in DCS. It may well be that Larnaca only has antennas set up for the 04.

Larnaca ILS is set up for 22, not for 04.

2 hours ago, Parameter said:

I had success with ILS of runway 05 at Incirlik, and I recommend you try landing there instead. To me this seems like a problem with the ATC system rather than a problem with your procedure.

If that's the case then it definitely sounds like the old wind speed/direction ILS bug. I'll try some different airfields then.

Edited by Nealius