"Battle of Qeshm" target not in 3C?

On 9/18/2022 at 7:34 PM, dporter22 said:

I'm confused.  I get assigned to Sector 3 and JTAC says there's a tank in 3 Charlie northwest of Tomban.  Does that mean grid 3C within Sector 3, because there is no tank there.  When I finally found the tank it's in 2D of Sector 3.

Yes that's correct, Tomban is about 2 mile NW of the airfield, and the tank is on the road heading for Tomban.  It is moving though, so if it took a while to find it may have crossed into another box.

Ok.  It would help if the location was given as 2 Delta since that's where Tomban is and the tank is never in 3 Charlie.

Different question while you're here: What's the secret for getting JTAC to clear you hot?  I have tried multiple times being exactly on the correct attack heading and he always says go around.

You need to be over the IP, which for the tank task is point Charlie I believe.  Just make sure you are roughly over this point and on the right approximate heading when you press space bar.  There is a little tolerance so doesn't have to be perfectly exact but get as close as you can and you should be ok.

Tu9X0c1FZUFIIrJ9mDIaoY5M3JZa2ieEx288dy6F