Ryzen 7000 PBO2 tuning temp/power drops

Thanks to HUB for doing this.

What is interesting is the results using the wraith spire cpu cooling fan. A better cpu cooling fan should help?  Basically eco mode doesnt look bad at all to me.

I am going to wait to see what the next x3d does.  

Edited by AngleOff66

De-lidding drops it 25 degrees,

Apparently the IHS was made 2mm thicker to keep compatibility with AM4

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

vor 19 Stunden schrieb SkateZilla:

De-lidding drops it 25 degrees,

Apparently the IHS was made 2mm thicker to keep compatibility with AM4

Well, the whole story reads like what you say....and then "DON'T glue the Spreader back on !!!"  It will need to be Direct-Die cooled 🤪

I personally delidded, and glued back the IHS, on my 8700k and it still runs great every day as my HTPC with a Noctua fan meanwhile.

With this, you really need to think twice. If you have ever worked on AMD Thunderbirds back in the day, oh oh, you know that those dies don't like any mishaps, not even the slightest.

I smoked one with the first push of the button. I'll never forget that smell and grey smoke.

Der 8auer's video is nice, seen it, but boy, there are many many tiny little parts everywhere. If one goes blingggg...ooops...you are screwed.

It makes it interesting, rewarding if successful and thrilling all at once, just don't mess it up. Never, when you work with the CPU and cooler !

Edited by BitMaster
  • Like 2

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

50 minutes ago, BitMaster said:

Well, the whole story reads like what you say....and then "DON'T glue the Spreader back on !!!"  It will need to be Direct-Die cooled 🤪

I personally delidded, and glued back the IHS, on my 8700k and it still runs great every day as my HTPC with a Noctua fan meanwhile.

With this, you really need to think twice. If you have ever worked on AMD Thunderbirds back in the day, oh oh, you know that those dies don't like any mishaps, not even the slightest.

I smoked one with the first push of the button. I'll never forget that smell and grey smoke.

Der 8auer's video is nice, seen it, but boy, there are many many tiny little parts everywhere. If one goes blingggg...ooops...you are screwed.

It makes it interesting, rewarding if successful and thrilling all at once, just don't mess it up. Never, when you work with the CPU and cooler !

I've built PC's since 286.
I'm aware of everything AMD from the i386 Family all the way through the Ks, and Bulldozer and Zen.

AMD Soldered the IHS on, it's a reletively easy process for users that build PCs, end users that don't shouldnt try.

As for the 95C, why run it at 95 when you can run it at 65 under load,
There's already reviewers getting 5.8GHz on all cores using 360 AIO Water cooler, STABLE, less than 70C Load Peak Temp.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I suppose the question becomes, is it worth going to that trouble to run it at all cores 5.8Ghz when DCS is really only using 2-4 cores? 

Do you have to do any of that to hit 4 thread 5.8 Ghz? Or will it more or less do that out of the box with a basic tower cooler? HUB basically saw 0 gaming difference between the configs, didn't they?